Looking for HAM radio enthusiasts

All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
Voldemort

Looking for HAM radio enthusiasts

Post by Voldemort »

I got my ham radio license recently. Looking for hams interested in os dev and system software.
~Voldemort~
eekee
Freenode IRC: eekee

Re: Looking for HAM radio enthusiasts

Post by eekee »

Congrats! I never quite got that far, myself. A neighbor has a classic weighted dipole on a girder mast, (did they used to mass produce those things in sets?) and I guess a long line, but I've never actually met him so I don't know what else he might be interested in.
Kaph — a modular OS intended to be easy and fun to administer and code for.
"May wisdom, fun, and the greater good shine forth in all your work." — Leo Brodie
Voldemort

Post by Voldemort »

Yes, it is lot of fun and not so hard. I got all three amateur licenses in a week. If you are in USA, just use hamstudy.org- this is great for prepping for the exam.

Next project is to build this: uBitx v6. It is a decently priced HF radio for the DIY people.
https://ubitx.net/

I am learning morse code too, you can transmit long distances without using much power. The dark lord definitely should know morse code. A dark lord digital communication protocol is next in line!
~Voldemort~
eekee
Freenode IRC: eekee

Post by eekee »

Voldemort wrote:The dark lord definitely should know morse code.
Absolutely! I would. ;)
Kaph — a modular OS intended to be easy and fun to administer and code for.
"May wisdom, fun, and the greater good shine forth in all your work." — Leo Brodie
sq8l

Post by sq8l »

Started with OSdev around 2020, but have been into ham radio since 2016 :) Got my local (Polish) calls SQ8VPS and SQ8L back then and the US call AD2BZ in 2021. What is your callsign?