some profile pic - where i'm wasted, put a cider sticker on my forehead.
me at festival - probably wasted here too. raver pants
fb profile pic - more serious setting, at the office. sober.
At the age of 8 using Borland C++ 3.1 first on Windows 95 and later on MS-DOS.CWood wrote:JuEeHa what age did you start programming? I'm in awe that you're so young!
and you can already write assembly code? that's impressive. i started programming a little younger than you, about 6 or 7 (i'm 28 now).. but i started with GW-BASIC. i didn't start using C until 2007.JuEeHa wrote:I am the one in the foreground and I am a boy. This picture was taken at putkamiitti (meeting of members of irc channel #ohjelmointiputka held at assembly summer) by guy who uses nickname Smar.bubach wrote:yeah, I was going to ask the same thing. options are:CWood wrote:JuEeHa Not to be rude or anything, but which one are you in the photo? (Probably a stupid question, but I'm tired)
1) creepy dude sneaking up on 12 year old girl with fake cat-ears.
2) actual 12 year old girl with fake cat-ears
both being equally disturbing. hahah nah, i'm gonna have to guess that you are the dude in the background and you just happen to find this photo taken by some official staff member at the LAN party while being unaware about it at the time?
Only real mode and some of 16bit protected mode stuff. My whole OS was written in real mode assembly using only 8086 features. Now I am restarting my project this time using a real microkernel design and 80286 protected mode.miker00lz wrote:and you can already write assembly code?
wow I feel dumb. I just had a very quick look and got confused with the hair. sorry, hard to imagine someone so young is doing osdev and assembly!JuEeHa wrote:I am the one in the foreground and I am a boy. This picture was taken at putkamiitti (meeting of members of irc channel #ohjelmointiputka held at assembly summer) by guy who uses nickname Smar.
32-bit x86 asm is basically the same. only a few minor differences. if you can do 16-bit, you'll be able to easily start using 32-bit.JuEeHa wrote:Only real mode and some of 16bit protected mode stuff. My whole OS was written in real mode assembly using only 8086 features. Now I am restarting my project this time using a real microkernel design and 80286 protected mode.miker00lz wrote:and you can already write assembly code?
<offtopic>I didn't get my realmode OS to very good shape at functional standpoint. Biggest limitation was using MikeOS floppy drive which didn't really like file access by handle, but I can't really blame Mike as it was designed for simple singletasking not complex multitasking environment. Kernel was also true monolithic architecture right until last version where I added very simple device drive API. I could try cleaning source code and fixing some really bad bugs but I really want to focus on my new project. Also I am using 286 protected mode because I want to be able to use my OS on as old computers as possible but still have enoug memory for day to day use. (Yes. I can live with only 16MB of RAM)</offtopic>miker00lz wrote:32-bit x86 asm is basically the same. only a few minor differences. if you can do 16-bit, you'll be able to easily start using 32-bit.JuEeHa wrote:Only real mode and some of 16bit protected mode stuff. My whole OS was written in real mode assembly using only 8086 features. Now I am restarting my project this time using a real microkernel design and 80286 protected mode.miker00lz wrote:and you can already write assembly code?
is your real mode OS uploaded anywhere?
CWood wrote:Offtopic 2: Mods, can we move this to a separate topic, to keep coherency and keep things on topic. Thanks.
hahahhaha, made my day. let us know if you need bail moneyberkus wrote:No, sir, I cannot explain how images of these children ended up on my harddrive. What? No, not at all... Wait, where are you ta

My daughter celebrates her 7th birthday in a bit under two months. She's using the computer to play TuxMath, TuxType and TuxPaint, plus for visiting the web-based training site for reading that's supported by her school. No more.amd64pager wrote:but you can know that I am 10.(Learnt C at the age of 6)