I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you Love4Boobies.
Love4Boobies wrote:
That doesn't sound too useful, does it? We generally use automatons for tasks that people cannot perform or can only do so with difficulty. No use in reproducing the characteristics we are running away from. Well, maybe they'll make companions for humans who can't get a date.
I wouldn't like the streets to be filled with shiny Plastic humanoid people, and creating robots that look like humans helps them to fit in more. My Initial intention for Robots, was not to serve as slaves, that work in factories - we already have an adequate solution for that. What is my intention for robots? That I have no opinion on.
Love4Boobies wrote:Right, but these example questions are terrible because we already have a very deep understanding for all of them. I hope you understand what makes you hungry and why 4 + 4 = 8. Arguably, the one about something looking good is not even related to intelligence; rather, human opinion.
Yes, dreadful example's.
Better examples would be, How we can tell what in a lie and what is the truth? How can we tell the difference between possible and impossible? to answer these questions, we calculate the pattern of existence - this pattern being reality.
Whether something is believed to exist depends on are understanding, which we get from are experiences, from smell, touch, sight, hearing, etc...
The Next time you find an answer to an equation, think about how you got there... We got there because we learn patterns from are environment... What are numbers at the end of the day? yes, unit's which we assign nodes of a particular pattern to.
But what are numbers REALLY? where do they come from? Unlike Languages, Numbers are fundamental.
Imagination, which is mostly a random combination of past experiences, is an imperfect mechanism that humans developed for coming up with answers that are "good enough." Depending on what we find out about each complexity class (quantum, non-quantum, or of a different nature), we might learn that there are more efficient solutions to the sets of problems for which we humans use imagination.
How I feel so sorry for you, that you find imagination to be so inadequate.
Imagination is everything that turns us Remarkable, Human beings, into something more then a piece of metal that can form calculations of an equations 2.7 billion times a second.
'Your an idiot?!'
yes, I am. but I sure know that nothing in this universe so far is better then the Human Brain, And That is largely consisting of imagination.
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him"
tell me? What Produces such words? The out put of an algorithm? no.
When you close your eyes, and try to think of the most Beautiful place in the world, with the People you love the most. or try to conjure a Story, maybe a quest to A kingdom to bring revenge on a king , or think of the most hideous monster you can ever imagination...
Are Imagination gives use to power to visualise and emulate solutions to a problems, Lets us Create pattern sound, which changes are emotions as we capture it's data from the air.
Are Imagination allows us to build machines, that can process imagines and colours, and produce sound, which in turn can create virtual Universes which we can explore.
We can send data 3000 miles away - a second later, we have that data rendered and displayed on are TV - a solid plane of liquidised crystals that change colour through different voltages.
Frankly I am utterly outraged by your Comment. not with angry, but with laughter.
if i was a computer, I would out most reach for imagination...Then Again, I would Need imagination for that....
Your kinect statement is also invalid- or not accurate.
Yes i can create a program that takes pattern of peoples faces and recognises them .
What kinect does, is do this more accurately.
I wouldn't be able to recognise people faces 6 feet away with my webcam, as Microsoft does with kinect - the difference is like a robot walk 4 steps then falling over, and a robot running a marathon, through woodland terrain.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.