All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
Perhaps he doesn't want to give out his personal info to paypal, such as his address and routing number; which I do not blame him a bit. Because, if his account was hacked, he'd be very poor really quickly. In a perfect world, however, donations would be the best way to give back to this community. It would be better than this indulgent nonsense made by the OP. I mean, this is a forum, so what do you expect to happen? If you ask an informed question, then you get helped. It is kind of the nature of the beast; obvious in every way.
purage wrote:Perhaps he doesn't want to give out his personal info to paypal, such as his address and routing number; which I do not blame him a bit. Because, if his account was hacked, he'd be very poor really quickly. In a perfect world, however, donations would be the best way to give back to this community. It would be better than this indulgent nonsense made by the OP. I mean, this is a forum, so what do you expect to happen? If you ask an informed question, then you get helped. It is kind of the nature of the beast; obvious in every way.
No, chase doesn't accept donations because he feels that he earns enough anyway, and because he uses this server for multiple other websites so the cost is shared.
So he is loaded, but that still doesn't explain why he doesn't take donations. There must be a better reason than 'I make lots of money'. I'm curious now, this is strange. Has Chase written his own OS?
chase wrote:As they say, time is money. I'd rather people donate time.
We have an excellent facility provided for us here and to keep it going, we just need to put dome time in to making it run smoothly. In this situation, I prefer to be thankful and not to rock the boat
Has Chase written his own OS?
I can't answer that, but he has an interest in OS development - perhaps someone who was on the pre-merged forums can answer this one.
*mumbles something about how we should have kept the megatokyo database around*
Solar wrote:It keeps stunning me how friendly we - as a community - are towards people who start programming "their first OS" who don't even have a solid understanding of pointers, their compiler, or how a OS is structured.
In terms of a boat. I guess I just realized that I was on a free cruise (dedicated server) and I guess it finally occurred to me to ask who is the captain (owner) and how does he afford this boat (dedicated server) without paying passengers (you and me). But, if he is doing it to be kind, then I can appreciate that. It's a rare occurrence, indeed. I might be able to offer something up. How does a wiki entry describing the MFT sound? I have a working NTFS driver, so I know what I am talking about. Just let me know.
Googling Drywell-OS returns the name a few times in a few lists, but nothing more.
Solar wrote:It keeps stunning me how friendly we - as a community - are towards people who start programming "their first OS" who don't even have a solid understanding of pointers, their compiler, or how a OS is structured.
Too bad you can't get the source (not in archive.)
Solar wrote:It keeps stunning me how friendly we - as a community - are towards people who start programming "their first OS" who don't even have a solid understanding of pointers, their compiler, or how a OS is structured.