The link is a binary PE file for the i386 platform.
Written for Windows operating systems since 95.
To access the source code, simply disassemble the binary file.
https://github.com/Alexey1994/fastest-8086
Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
- Alexey1994
- Member

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:41 am
- Location: Belarus
- Contact:
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
So, what makes you think anyone is going to run a random EXE? Especially one that is called “the fastest assembler in the world” lol. This is very fishy. Where is the source code?
My blog: http://www.rivencove.com/
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
And who needs an 8086 assembler that just emits raw binary?
-
drwxrwxrwx
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2025 2:27 pm
- Libera.chat IRC: drwxrwxrwx
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
While this might be the world's fastest 8086 assembler, it's certainly not complete. I could not assemble the first two instructions I tested – nop and pop.
Well, too bad – I did it. I'll report back when my PC bursts into flames.
I'm more curious as to who needs an 8086 assembler that doesn't emit raw binary. That's been a basic expectation of mine ever since I started using nasm.
-
Octocontrabass
- Member

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
Object files and linkers are useful no matter which CPU you're targeting.drwxrwxrwx wrote: ↑Thu Feb 27, 2025 2:35 pmI'm more curious as to who needs an 8086 assembler that doesn't emit raw binary.
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
The word “just” was the pertinent part of my post.
- Alexey1994
- Member

- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:41 am
- Location: Belarus
- Contact:
Re: Fastest Intel 8086 assembler in the World
It's easy to understand why there's no source code. I don't share successful solutions with the outside world, and this code contains some parts that were sold and brought me some profit, but it's these parts that provide the speed.
I didn't protect the binary in any way, and the disassembled code is perfectly readable because it was generated by a custom code generator. Optimizations are minimal. This is enough for the curious to understand the general outline of what's going on. Others can simply inspect the result or read the disassembled code using Copilot. It's a good way to become a hacker.