Page 1 of 1

Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:44 am
by Rich
Holy ****!!! Check out the trailer for Episode III of Star Wars. Man, I live for this... believe it or not, even more than sex!!!
Although, I could really use some good getting laid right about now to celebrate how happy I am.

(In case you didn't realize it, Episode II was the inspiration for many elements of FQ2)

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:52 am
by distantvoices
*rofl* Usually one doesn't talk about this in such a broad manner but instead celebrates it with silent joy. :-) Just because "getting laid" belongs to those things a man celebrates best in discrete locations and holds discretion about. *winkwink*

Maybe I gonna watch this movie too. have already missed the first two -- so, as long as there are extended versions coming, I might get them.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:08 am
by Oliver
I don't really like Star Wars. I've never liked it. I think it's too geeky and just a bit too childish. I liked that parody movie of Star Wars though ;D

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:27 am
by I Lostalim
*rofl* Usually one doesn't talk about this in such a broad manner but instead celebrates it with silent joy.
Well you know the old saying...
There's two kinds of people in the world:
- those who talk about sex
- those who are having sex
Rarely are they ever the same people.... :P ;D

I liked that parody movie of Star Wars though
Which "Space Balls" or one of the millions upon millions of unprofessional Parody Movies.

For the record I am a big Star Wars fan and own the four-disc Trilogy DVD set (in the funky embossed collecters box)... and also own Space Balls on DVD, it is mildly funny.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:08 am
by Rich
In all honesty, when I wrote this post, it had been two days since I had sex. It's been a week now. :'(

I hope to do it again soon, but it might be a while.

I love Star Wars. I own all the movies, and will likely buy Clone Wars when it comes out next week or so. I junk out on anticipating Episode III. I believe it will definitely be the best of the new trilogy. It has a lot going for it, most of all the very dark untertones.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:29 pm
by rwfromxenon
I don't have any of them on VHS or DVD. I'm waiting for SW3 to come out when I'm sure they'll release the... hexilogy.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:49 pm
by Rainer
I don't have any of them on VHS or DVD. I'm waiting for SW3 to come out when I'm sure they'll release the... hexilogy.
haha! you made that word up! I think you mean sextilogy.
but yeah thats when I'm gonna buy them all too.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:48 am
by Rich
If they're going to make up the word quadrilogy for the Alien movies, then what's the difference if the make up a word for six of them. hex and sex both mean six in different contexts. Although, to me, sex means a lot more! LOL!!!

I've bought the Star Wars movies so many times already in different formats, what's the difference if I buy another... which I'm sure I will when the six pack comes out. Besides, Lucas will probably change the movies again for that release anyway. To make a pun on a Vader line "I'm altering the film; pray I don't alter it any further."

I own all three versions of the original star wars trilogy... the theatrical release, the 1997 special editions and then the 2004 DVD editions. (yes, those last two are different in several spots)

Anyway, off to bed I am.

I'm so excited about Episode III!!!

Rich

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:29 am
by distantvoices
Poor Rich. I feel with you. May the Schwartz be with You :-)

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:08 am
by Eero Ränik
To be exact, those words aren't made up, they are just combined using Latin prefixes.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:17 pm
by I Lostalim
Rich wrote: If they're going to make up the word quadrilogy for the Alien movies, then what's the difference if the make up a word for six of them. hex and sex both mean six in different contexts. Although, to me, sex means a lot more! LOL!!!
They could always do a Douglas Adams and simply have a
"Trilogy in five parts" ;D
I own all three versions of the original star wars trilogy... the theatrical release, the 1997 special editions and then the 2004 DVD editions. (yes, those last two are different in several spots)
Most notably Return of the Jedi.... think about that poor guy, he's only role in the whole trilogy was to be Anakin Skywalker's ghost and now they've gone and replaced him with Heydon - but I guess it makes the DVD release fit in with the prequels a little more smoothly.

Lord I can't remember how many times I went to see th '97 SE at the theatres (making up for the fact I'm not really much older than RoTJ and thusly missed the original theatre experience)

Yes, May the Schwartz be with you - now available as a lunch box.

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:50 pm
by Rich
Well, they're made up in the sense that you won't find them in any dictionary. But new words are made up everyday by combining different prefixes, dropping letters or whole syllables of words. Lots of words get "nicknames" like phone for telephone; fridge for refrigerator; late for later; the list goes on.

Sebastian Shaw is still in Return of the Jedi. When Darth Vader's helmet is removed that's still him. They didn't replace him there with Hayden... although they did digitally remove his eyebrows. I guess it didn't make sense for a severe burn victim to have eyebrows. Star Wars and Empire had some severe alterations too. Ian McDiarmid was put in as the Emperor in Empire, which I think was a good move for continuity. There's a better (but still not good Jabba) in Star Wars and the whole Greedo shooting first is altered, but not satisfactorily. I hate seeing Han Solo being made into a ***** like that.

Well, I was never a big fan of Spaceballs, but what the hell, May the Schwartz with you.

Rich

Re:Episode III!

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:57 pm
by I Lostalim
Yeah I've never been a big fan of Mel Brooks - but the humour in Space Balls is good for one viewing every decade or so... besides it was going for $5 on DVD so meh.

I never noticed the Eyebrows bit... heh - I am getting slow, back in School I would've noticed every little detail like that (I was rather more obsessive than I am now)

I know they included Jabba for the Special Edition Ep4, did they fix him up a bit for the DVD release?

I think most of the problems with the Han Solo/Greedo sequence is the lack of filmed material whilst they can splice the special effects layers off, they still have to work with the film they have (remember it was filmed with 1970's technology) they can't exactly call Harrison Ford back in to do a reshoot....

I still can't see why Star Wars can't be a trilogy in six parts - it worked for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy ;D

May the Force be with us. (better?) :)