FPGA Donation Request

This forums is for OS project announcements including project openings, new releases, update notices, test requests, and job openings (both paying and volunteer).
Post Reply
ZiaCheema
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2026 9:43 pm

FPGA Donation Request

Post by ZiaCheema »

I am making a project i.e. a completely open source single board computer with potential features such as vga display, usb, linux support and more. I hope to acheive zero proprietry dependency, thats why I am making the whole project from ground up.

System is still in bare metal phase.I have succesfully got C running and system supports logging via UART. For more info see https://github.com/ZiaCheemaGit/pc-one

Idea is to first complete a linux bootable SBC verilog design. Prove that on an FPGA and then move on to gds.

I am a computer engineering student and in general there is not  much around computer hardware/architecture going on in my country(pakistan). I somehow managed to get a spartan 6 digilent nexys3(20 years old board with 8000 luts, 72KB bram and no usb, no ddr memory). I haven't yet completely been blocked by the resource constraints(luts and bram to be specific) but I have tested that i cannot add any further major module. I can just squeeze out a little more performance from remaining resources. A Major on that, I might not be able to pipeline the rv32i let alone add any extension

I belong to an underpriviliged background thus cant buy a board myself. This message is a call for help to senior industry people or anyone to donate a board they might have just sitting in a closet, ask your peers, point me somewhere I could be sponsored for the board, Is there any such platforms, Any advice if I can use fpga with a different approach like modules in parts but which must make the whole project gds feasible later, is there any fpga alternative but with zero monetary cost, Any advice in general, Anyone with a board who wants to collaborate.

Regardless you can also help by contributing to the repo, even to readmes.
Post Reply