Happy easter!

All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
Post Reply
User avatar
Candy
Member
Member
Posts: 3883
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Happy easter!

Post by Candy »

Especially to all of you who, just like me, woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
DennisCGc

Re:Happy easter!

Post by DennisCGc »

Happy easter.
Candy wrote: .. woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
Too bad you missed an hour today..
User avatar
bubach
Member
Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re:Happy easter!

Post by bubach »

Happy easter!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
http://bos.asmhackers.net/ - GitHub
Eero Ränik

Re:Happy easter!

Post by Eero Ränik »

Happy easter, and happy DST!
Oliver

Re:Happy easter!

Post by Oliver »

What's DST?

I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)
rich_m

Re:Happy easter!

Post by rich_m »

happy easter to all, my easter egg was real hard.(had to saw it open) ;D
AGI1122

Re:Happy easter!

Post by AGI1122 »

Should be a boring day... spending the day over at some family's... which most of them are either annoying or don't talk to me. At least there is some decent food(ham, turkey, caserole's, etc).

Well at least I get to show off my new truck to them.

Happy easter everyone.
I Lostalim

Re:Happy easter!

Post by I Lostalim »

Oliver wrote: What's DST?
That would be Daylight Savings Time....
I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)
And it's not even a Christian Holiday either, it's actually a Pagan Harvest festival that some ancient Pope gave Chrisitian signifigance to in order to help Absolve this particualar Pagan culture into the Holy Roman Empire - that's why Easter isn't a certain date, but instead a certain numbers of days after the Xth number of Moon cycles of the year.... There's some really useless facts for those of you who really couldn't care less.
woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
See I had the reverse problem only a couple of days ago (my being in the Southern Hemisphere and thusly heading for Winter) - I woke up at 7am realised it was actually 6am and went to sleep for another hour! :P
User avatar
Candy
Member
Member
Posts: 3883
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Re:Happy easter!

Post by Candy »

I Lostalim wrote:
I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)
And it's not even a Christian Holiday either, it's actually a Pagan Harvest festival that some ancient Pope gave Chrisitian signifigance to in order to help Absolve this particualar Pagan culture into the Holy Roman Empire - that's why Easter isn't a certain date, but instead a certain numbers of days after the Xth number of Moon cycles of the year.... There's some really useless facts for those of you who really couldn't care less.
Well... to be honest, I could care a lot less.... I'm making an OS too (like quite a few others here too) and I'd like it to have a "christian calendar" module that tells you when certain days are coming up and such. So, I really do care about how to calculate it. But my mom already found a newspaper article about the exact way to calculate it, and some of the weird quirks of it. If it weren't for the rest of my family expecting me to know it I wouldn't bother, but since I can't be bothered, might as well tell my computer to bother.
woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
See I had the reverse problem only a couple of days ago (my being in the Southern Hemisphere and thusly heading for Winter) - I woke up at 7am realised it was actually 6am and went to sleep for another hour! :P
Hmmm... next DST set back I'll get you back for that! I'll sleep an hour longer next to my fairy and you'll have to get up early! Har har har! :D ;) :P
I Lostalim

Re:Happy easter!

Post by I Lostalim »

Hmmm... next DST set back I'll get you back for that! I'll sleep an hour longer next to my fairy and you'll have to get up early! Har har har!
You have a fairy....

As for getitng up early - not really a problem for me, but I'll be sure to sleep an hour late just for your benefit :P
Post Reply