Page 1 of 1
Disapointed
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 am
by mcheung63
Today, after I open my transcript (actually I received it 6 years ago), My GPA is 1.41.
I think no university will accept my apply for a mPhil student that research in OS.
very sad now
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 am
by quanganht
First, if your real-life works show excellence results, universities will welcome you.
Second, I think this thread is in wrong forum.
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:00 pm
by AndrewAPrice
Seriously? Out of what? Did you attend every class and hand in every assignment?
Just for attending and handing in half-done assignments you should still get a low 2.
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 am
by mcheung63
i am very serious, 1.41 out of 4 .
I was studying in your country, melbourne
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:17 am
by 01000101
Don't be too discouraged. I slacked off very badly in highschool and ended with a low 2. That didn't stop me from being accepted by a very nice university earlier in the year though, they didn't even look at my transcript. They were more interested in the kind of work I was doing.
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 am
by gravaera
01000101: Please expound on 'the kind of work you were doing', for my own edification
Do you mean that you showed them your kernel project? Or were you doing small projects online, like on guru.com, or something?
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:06 am
by gravaera
01000101: Please expound on 'the kind of work you were doing', for my own edification
Do you mean that you showed them your kernel project? Or were you doing small projects online, like on guru.com, or something?
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:21 am
by 01000101
I was working on an OS called DiNS that filtered P2P/torrents from corporate/educational networks. After showing a prototype they set me up with an appt. with the dean and director of IT at the college and we had a long talk. In the end they decided that they would just let my previous grades from HS slide by.
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 am
by mcheung63
01000101 , you are low 2, but I am fxxking under 2
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Re: Disapointed
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 am
by earlz
mcheung63 wrote:01000101 , you are low 2, but I am fxxking under 2
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Well, get to programming! I'm sure if you made something amazing and/or useful, they'd probably accept you. The fact that you motivated and enjoy programming is what will get their attention...