SkyOS halted
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:50 pm
I am shocked and sad to see SkyOS halted, it was always held up as a hobby OS that had made it to the next stage.
I did write some time ago ( on this forum) that, in closed source OS's like this (that seem to port a new linux program, by the day), how much code is linux under the bonnet ?.
Now i have read that he is making a linux kernel ver and as most things already ported
I do not want to call another OS project, as we all know how much work goes into them, but i do ?, why you would code a C/C++ linux like OS, when you can just use linux ?, if its to learn than study old linux vers etc.
http://www.osnews.com/story/21726/SkyOS ... ess_Report
I did write some time ago ( on this forum) that, in closed source OS's like this (that seem to port a new linux program, by the day), how much code is linux under the bonnet ?.
Now i have read that he is making a linux kernel ver and as most things already ported
I do not want to call another OS project, as we all know how much work goes into them, but i do ?, why you would code a C/C++ linux like OS, when you can just use linux ?, if its to learn than study old linux vers etc.
http://www.osnews.com/story/21726/SkyOS ... ess_Report