Page 1 of 1

Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:13 am
by mynameisteddy
hey osdev, i've been using the wiki for a while now and decided to register to the forums finally :D. just saying hi, you can all just call me teddy :). just working on an OS as a learning experience to see how computers work a bit better. I'm a sophomore in highschool and i've been coding since i was 10 when my dad gave me an ancient book on c programming still in it's seal... and my favorite food is a double BBQ bacon cheeseburger. what's yours? :P

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:10 am
by Coty
Welcome teddy,
[quote="mynameisteddy"]and my favorite food is a double BBQ bacon cheeseburger. what's yours? :P[ /quote]
I'd have to say french and or cheese burgers with with ranch sauce...

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:56 am
by i586coder
you are welcome to osDev community

and have fun coding your OS

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:26 pm
by AndrewAPrice
Hello and welcome! I don't remember my first post, but I did feel like a small fish in a big pond full of smart people. After a while you realise most people on here are just like you.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 pm
by mynameisteddy
thanx for the welcomes guys :D. i really appreciate it. and i am having fun with my os :P

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:17 pm
by earlz
mynameisteddy wrote:hey osdev, i've been using the wiki for a while now and decided to register to the forums finally :D. just saying hi, you can all just call me teddy :). just working on an OS as a learning experience to see how computers work a bit better. I'm a sophomore in highschool and i've been coding since i was 10 when my dad gave me an ancient book on c programming still in it's seal... and my favorite food is a double BBQ bacon cheeseburger. what's yours? :P
just 1336 posts to go until you can take a cool picture of your profile! lol

Programming C since you were 10? Dude, your awesome lol. If you live in the US, please tell me you have taken the AP programming test and made a 5 lol.

Also, I think my favorite food is either Pizza or chicken alfredo.. I love italian.. lol

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:49 pm
by mynameisteddy
earlz wrote:
mynameisteddy wrote:hey osdev, i've been using the wiki for a while now and decided to register to the forums finally :D. just saying hi, you can all just call me teddy :). just working on an OS as a learning experience to see how computers work a bit better. I'm a sophomore in highschool and i've been coding since i was 10 when my dad gave me an ancient book on c programming still in it's seal... and my favorite food is a double BBQ bacon cheeseburger. what's yours? :P
just 1336 posts to go until you can take a cool picture of your profile! lol

Programming C since you were 10? Dude, your awesome lol. If you live in the US, please tell me you have taken the AP programming test and made a 5 lol.

Also, I think my favorite food is either Pizza or chicken alfredo.. I love italian.. lol
yea, i live in the US, but ive never heard of the AP programming test.... and pizza is AMAZING :P has to be my second favorite food. but i wouldn't call myself awesome (i mean, it took me at LEAST 2 years to really understand how programming works, let alone what the compiler/computer does with all of it)... but thanx for the complement :D.

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:05 pm
by earlz
mynameisteddy wrote:
earlz wrote:
mynameisteddy wrote:hey osdev, i've been using the wiki for a while now and decided to register to the forums finally :D. just saying hi, you can all just call me teddy :). just working on an OS as a learning experience to see how computers work a bit better. I'm a sophomore in highschool and i've been coding since i was 10 when my dad gave me an ancient book on c programming still in it's seal... and my favorite food is a double BBQ bacon cheeseburger. what's yours? :P
just 1336 posts to go until you can take a cool picture of your profile! lol

Programming C since you were 10? Dude, your awesome lol. If you live in the US, please tell me you have taken the AP programming test and made a 5 lol.

Also, I think my favorite food is either Pizza or chicken alfredo.. I love italian.. lol
yea, i live in the US, but ive never heard of the AP programming test.... and pizza is AMAZING :P has to be my second favorite food. but i wouldn't call myself awesome (i mean, it took me at LEAST 2 years to really understand how programming works, let alone what the compiler/computer does with all of it)... but thanx for the complement :D.
Well the AP programming test will get you out of a credit in college for a computer class of some sort(which class depending on college) and it's a breeze. If you are writing your own OS, it'll be extremely simple. pick up a Java book and read through the first few chapters and your probably good to go.. lol

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 am
by qw
MessiahAndrw wrote:After a while you realise most people on here are just like you.
Except that I am a vegetarian and don't eat double BBQ bacon cheeseburgers... I couldn't tell what my favorite food is, but it definitely isn't tofu.

Welcome to the forum!

Roel

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 am
by AJ
Hello and Welcome!

Good luck with the OS and hope you've found the forums / wiki useful so far.

Hmm...favourite food...probably mine is a Steak and Ale / Steak and Guinness pie with pub chips.

Cheers,
Adam

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am
by mynameisteddy
thanx, i must say i probably have used the wiki and osdever.net the most in my os :D

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:16 pm
by df
Hello and welcome. My favourite food is a good homemade Chicken Tikka Masala.

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:12 am
by iammisc
Awesome, it's nice to know that there are other high schoolers around here. I started to code my os in the 9th grade, so it looks like I'm one year up on you.

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm
by earlz
iammisc wrote:Awesome, it's nice to know that there are other high schoolers around here. I started to code my os in the 9th grade, so it looks like I'm one year up on you.
you do realize you revived a thread that has been dead for over 3 months right?

Re: Hello, world!

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:59 pm
by AndrewAPrice
earlz wrote:
iammisc wrote:Awesome, it's nice to know that there are other high schoolers around here. I started to code my os in the 9th grade, so it looks like I'm one year up on you.
you do realize you revived a thread that has been dead for over 3 months right?
And I think he said 10, not 10th grade?