Page 2 of 2

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm
by Brynet-Inc
I once owned a Macintoish SE/30, with a hard drive and a floppy drive.. don't recall the specifications.

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 pm
by NickG
Ohh, did you get rid of it??

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:16 pm
by Brynet-Inc
NickG wrote:Ohh, did you get rid of it??
In 2003/2004 or so, the keyboard was broken.. didn't have the hard to acquire screw driver to disassemble the thing.. it was damned heavy.

As far as I recall, it had System 6 or 7.. various games.. 720K floppy drive, electronic ejecting.. like a LS-120 SuperDisk drive.

I probably should have kept it, but there is little sense dwelling on past mistakes.

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:27 pm
by NickG
You have any other OLD Skool hardware(Laptops or computers stuff like that)??

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 pm
by ucosty
NickG wrote:Hey ucosty, Does your PC convertible work, mine has a problem, so i took it apart, just to find 5 pennies laying around inside the convertible, but yea, whenever i try and start it up, the screen just has lines go through it
:(
Last I checked it does.

As for old Macintosh pictures, here is one. Sadly it isn't an original Mac but rather a Mac Classic. It had the interesting feature of having an version of System 6 stored in ROM, so it could work without having a system disk.

Image

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:29 pm
by Brynet-Inc
NickG wrote:You have any other OLD Skool hardware(Laptops or computers stuff like that)??
I have a lot of old stuff, but I don't feel like posting any more pictures.

Go play here or here.

Re: Put a pic of a peice of history

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:52 am
by Troy Martin
ucosty wrote:It had the interesting feature of having an version of System 6 stored in ROM, so it could work without having a system disk.
Oh, yeah, that was one of the better easter eggs Apple put into their Macs. I think it was "Command-Option-X-O" at boot that would put it into the romdisk mode. IIRC it wasn't really an easter egg but more of a debug feature for getting the Appletalk connection to work so the Mac could boot over the Appletalk network from some unreleased Mac server somewhere. Unfortunately I don't know of any emulators that can play with this feature, as I (legally) have a Mac Classic ROM image.