OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: UEFI question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:24 pm 

testjz wrote:
Aren't we actually saying the same thing here? Or are you just confirming what I said?
Could be! I wanted to say that the number of bugs alone means nothing, you must see that in a context.

testjz wrote:
The existence of multiple levels usually implies there are several sets of features supported or not supported depending on the level. In this case, you say there are only static and dynamic addresses.
Yes, the additional feature "set" is one thing here, the parsing of symbol table in the executable to get variable addresses, in contrast to using pre-defined, fixed addresses. That's the only difference.

testjz wrote:
I have heard about the tactics of Scientologists (they have even tried to censor Wikipedia), so it must have been quite traumatic for you. I thus won't try to talk about it.
That's okay. Censoring Wikipedia is not a crime. But what they do most certainly is (dubbed "fair game"). There's a very well-documented long list of their organized crimes.

I did expect them, so I laughed at their FG, wasn't traumatic for me at all (I actually turned Dianetics against them for fun, defeating them with their own weapon :-)). What surprised me, that how could people let these maniacs running free? They are clearly dangerous to the society, yet when I went to the police with lots of evidence they started the investigation which went on for months, then they suddenly stopped it, saying "forging official documents is not a crime, no need to investigate". What I don't understand, how can police be so stupid to incriminate themselves so obviously? (Of course forging a jury's injunction is a pretty serious crime, absolutely no question about that.) And what people think would happen if nobody stops this criminal organization? They will turn kind and won't hurt people any more somehow??? (Despite of everything, the fact is, Scientology is still allowed in the USA and in the UK and in many other countries, and their leaders are not behind bars, and they are ruining many many people's lives every year. They are still running Hollywood and they are still blackmailing influential polititians.)

About modesty, I used to be. Really. But when you're surrounded by brainwashed sad little liars who are keep telling you you're bad and you're wrong for literally everything you do, then you simply realize it doesn't matter what people say or what they think at all. Nature doesn't give a sh*t about lies or fake-news. COVID will kill a Christian just as any thetan-believer. Only the truth matters if you want to survive (individually and also as a spices), and science is the one and only way to find it (this doesn't mean science can't be wrong, it only means science is the only thing that can recognize it's own faults). All dogmatic religions and cults will loose against Nature, because they can't adapt or adapt very-very slowly. That's the reality, even if it hurts. Science does not guarantee survival either, but with that at least we have a chance.

Cheers,
bzt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:24 pm 

bzt wrote:
That's okay. Censoring Wikipedia is not a crime.
Something not being a crime doesn't mean it's ethical. Obviously censoring Wikipedia is unethical, furthermore since it was in order to cover up their own both unethical and illegal practices (indeed a futile effort but that's not something that matters here). That's not okay under any measure, except the pedantic legalistic one.

I really don't want to discuss Scientology, as I don't have any actual experiences with it, nor I want to have any in the future. As for modesty, I still stand by my point. But further such discussion is offtopic in this topic (again no pun intended), and obviously more offtopic than Fóthism some posts ago. I would rather drop this topic altogether by now, if you don't mind.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:08 pm 

testjz wrote:
Something not being a crime doesn't mean it's ethical.
That's absolutely true. I wanted to say it's okay only because that's literally nothing compared to their crimes.

testjz wrote:
I really don't want to discuss Scientology, as I don't have any actual experiences with it, nor I want to have any in the future.
You're lucky, and I wish you won't have to learn about them. Don't think I wanted to do anything with them, nor that I looked for them. They just targeted me, and when I refused to join, they started their "fair" game.

And yes, this is offtopic.

Cheers,
bzt