OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Clear-ing Scientology (was: Porting 'clear')
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:34 pm 

To properly port clear I recommend reading Dianetics and the works of L Ron Hubbard. To understand better you could go to a local Scientology church.

Post subject: Re: Porting 'clear'
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:05 pm 

MichaelPetch wrote:
To properly port clear I recommend reading Dianetics and the works of L Ron Hubbard. To understand better you could go to a local Scientology church.

#-o :roll: =D>

(I'll admit, I wish I'd thought of this myself fnord. Thank you.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:44 am 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
MichaelPetch wrote:

#-o :roll: =D>

(I'll admit, I wish I'd thought of this myself fnord. Thank you.)

I don't think that the victims of that cult would find your posts funny.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:07 pm 

valou3433 wrote:
Okay, thanks everyone, i think i'm gonna try to implement xterm control set in my kernel virtual terminal...

Happy coding! Although, it's a terminal. Most basic stuff should be fairly easy, but don't be too surprised if getting really good compatibility is hard. I've had compatibility problems with virtual terminals from the 90s to the present! I plan to avoid it all in my work... except possibly clear. :)

As for that Scientology joke up there, I laughed at first, but on reflection, I don't think I should have. I've been there, and it took more than just my paranoia and careful observation to get me out of there. And that was before I'd even got as far as using their serotonin-inducing machines.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:29 pm 

I don't mind calling it by name electro psychometer (emeter). Is there a Scientologist on here going to bring a lawsuit against me for discussing this device ;-). Leah and Mike are you here? Are we safe?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am 

eekee wrote:
I've been there, and it took more than just my paranoia and careful observation to get me out of there.
How did you managed that? Are you sure you have escaped them? I am and have been a victim of their criminal activities (called misleadingly "fair game", look it up) just because I refused to join. Apparently they are just too dumb to comprehend the meaning of a simple "thanks, but no thanks". They think they are persuasive, but in reality, they just keep providing me more and more reason why _not_ to join them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 am 

We may want to move this discussion to a different thread, in the General Ramblings forum. This sounds like something which will take further discussion, and it is a separate topic from the OP (it only came up because of a joke MichaelPetch made).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 am 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
We may want to move this discussion to a different thread, in the General Ramblings forum. This sounds like something which will take further discussion, and it is a separate topic from the OP (it only came up because of a joke MichaelPetch made).
I agree, and I apologize for being off-topic. Dear moderators, could you please move these posts to a new thread under General Ramblings? (Assuming there'll be any kind of follow up. Somehow I have a feeling there'll be none... or nothing meaningful that is)

Cheers,
bzt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:04 am 

Agreed, and I'm sorry too. I nearly didn't post anything about it, seeing as it's an uncomfortable subject, but... well, I did. I do have more to say, but not in this thread & not today, I'm not feeling at all well. I was thinking of taking it to private messages, actually.

Post subject: Re: Clear-ing Scientology (was: Porting 'clear')
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:02 am 

Just a word of encouragement: Good for you to "go public" about it. Don't be sorry.

In case it isn't obvious, "coming out" about Scientology is in many ways similar to "coming out" on being LGBTQ, or depressive, or being mobbed (for any of the above or just on general terms). In your case it might not be the general populace giving you a hard time for being the way you are, but an organized group of fanatics giving you a hard time for what you chose not to be. But the effect is mostly the same. And it deserves the same kind of support.

Which, for me, means listening to what you have to say, and standing up with you so you don't have to stand alone. Allies exist.

Post subject: Re: Clear-ing Scientology (was: Porting 'clear')
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:54 am 

Solar wrote:
Which, for me, means listening to what you have to say, and standing up with you so you don't have to stand alone. Allies exist.
Good to hear. I've never been a Scientologist. All my experience with them before the mobbing, gangstalking, and other organized criminal activities started was that they gave me a book and asked me to join, and I've said "no thanks". I believe I have all rights to make that decision and under no circumstances should I deserve any kind of punishment for saying "no". They think that otherwise, that's why the Cult of Scientology are the bad guys (and also because they are committing crimes against me). Forging false official documents and blackmailing cops and judges are serious crimes, no doubt. If only a cop had balls to stand up against them.

Cheers,
bzt