OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Cross compiler step one`
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pm 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
Let's dig a bit deeper here. Please start by telling us the development host environment - you have mentioned that it is an x86-64 CPU, but not the OS it is running under. If you could also post (or link to a repo of) the makefile and linker script, that would help as well.

Mind you, I mean the makefile and linker script for the cross-compiler build, not the one you would use for building the OS image from the cross-compiler. I have this suspicion that there is a bit of confusion there, in that it sounds as if your makefile is set to build an ELF32 file for the cross-compiler, which would not be the correct course of action if it is hosted on a 64-bit OS (and especially so if it is a host OS that doesn't use ELF as its executable format, such as Windows or MacOS). The cross-compiler might be set to target a 32-bit ELF, but the cross-compiler itself would run in the native executable format and bit width of the development host.

It is set for x86. i686-elf The "Bare Bones" tutorial wants a cross compile built for a 32 bit elf executables for building the kernel.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 pm 

I think you are missing my point: I want to know what you are compiling the cross-compiler itself for, and what sort of system the cross-compiler will run on.

While the bare-bones tutorial does specify i686-elf, that's talking about the target. The Cross-Compiler tutorial does also say i686-elf in the example environment variables, but that's only as an example; I or someone else may need to go back and clarify that part. The cross-compiler itself should be compiled for the host it is running on, not the target.

This means, at the very least, that you almost certainly want the makefile and linker script for the cross-compiler build to be different from the ones which you would use when building your OS with the cross-compiler. While a cross-compiler built for i686 would probably run on most 64-bit OSes provided that it is the right type of executable, there is pretty much no way you are going to get an ELF file to execute on stock Windows or MacOS regardless of the bit-width, unless you are running a compatibility tool like Cygwin and using a specialized loader.

So, to be as specific as possible, I repeat: would you kindly tell us what operating system you are developing on, what editor you are using, and any other tools you haven't already specified (including things like Cygwin or whatever the equivalent for Mac is)?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:35 pm 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
I think you are missing my point: I want to know what you are compiling the cross-compiler itself for, and what sort of system the cross-compiler will run on.

While the bare-bones tutorial does specify i686-elf, that's talking about the target. The Cross-Compiler tutorial does also say i686-elf in the example environment variables, but that's only as an example; I or someone else may need to go back and clarify that part. The cross-compiler itself should be compiled for the host it is running on, not the target.

This means, at the very least, that you almost certainly want the makefile and linker script for the cross-compiler build to be different from the ones which you would use when building your OS with the cross-compiler. While a cross-compiler built for i686 would probably run on most 64-bit OSes provided that it is the right type of executable, there is pretty much no way you are going to get an ELF file to execute on stock Windows or MacOS regardless of the bit-width, unless you are running a compatibility tool like Cygwin and using a specialized loader.

So, to be as specific as possible, I repeat: would you kindly tell us what operating system you are developing on, what editor you are using, and any other tools you haven't already specified (including things like Cygwin or whatever the equivalent for Mac is)?

I am running fedora 20 gcc-4.x.x x64 on a x64 AMD processor. If I am understanding right the cross compiler is to be generic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:45 pm 

matt11235 wrote:
dchapiesky wrote:
3.2ghz 2 core I3 with hyperthreading does a gcc 6.3 bootstrap compiler/cross compiler/newlib/cross compiler w/sysroot in 25 minutes....
I'm sure it should be faster than that? Are you passing j4 or j5 to make?

j3 actually so I can watch videos during the compile :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:41 am 

dchapiesky wrote:
j3 actually so I can watch videos during the compile :wink:

A 5-hour video of you watching videos while the toolchain compiles, and we must go deeper!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 am 

billcu wrote:
Schol-R-LEA wrote:

I am running fedora 20 gcc-4.x.x x64 on a x64 AMD processor. If I am understanding right the cross compiler is to be generic.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'generic' in this case... if you are talking in terms of the target triplet, for the build of the cross-compiler, that should match the OS, regardless of the target for the cross-compiler's code generation. This will not be the same as the target triplet of the XC, and you would use that target in the XC's name if you follow the recommended naming convention given in the wiki.

If you post the makefile and linker script you are using to build the cross-compiler, it would give us a chance to put eyes on it for you, which may bring to light the cause of the problem. It would help even further if we could see and compare the makefile and scripts you have been using for the OS build in the past, and the ones you mean to use with the cross-compiler once it is working if you have already written them.

As a final point, just to make everything crystal clear: the goal here is to compile a set of object files for GCC and Binutils, and produce a new executable for them separate from the host's development tools. This separate copy will initially be for a bare-metal build, and eventually merge to a build tailored to your OS, but will still run on the host system. That is the cross development suite. It must be compiled to run as a program on the host, but produce object and executable files targeting the OS and the hardware platform it will run under.

I know I am belaboring the obvious, but sometimes things aren't as obvious as they seem. That's also why I want to look at the scripts, as it is possible that what you think you wrote isn't what you wrote - something that happens to every develop I have ever heard of, and which I have myself done more times than I would care to admit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 pm 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
billcu wrote:
Schol-R-LEA wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'generic' in this case... if you are talking in terms of the target triplet, for the build of the cross-compiler, that should match the OS, regardless of the target for the cross-compiler's code generation. This will not be the same as the target triplet of the XC, and you would use that target in the XC's name if you follow the recommended naming convention given in the wiki.

If you post the makefile and linker script you are using to build the cross-compiler, it would give us a chance to put eyes on it for you, which may bring to light the cause of the problem. It would help even further if we could see and compare the makefile and scripts you have been using for the OS build in the past, and the ones you mean to use with the cross-compiler once it is working if you have already written them.

As a final point, just to make everything crystal clear: the goal here is to compile a set of object files for GCC and Binutils, and produce a new executable for them separate from the host's development tools. This separate copy will initially be for a bare-metal build, and eventually merge to a build tailored to your OS, but will still run on the host system. That is the cross development suite. It must be compiled to run as a program on the host, but produce object and executable files targeting the OS and the hardware platform it will run under.

I know I am belaboring the obvious, but sometimes things aren't as obvious as they seem. That's also why I want to look at the scripts, as it is possible that what you think you wrote isn't what you wrote - something that happens to every develop I have ever heard of, and which I have myself done more times than I would care to admit.

Thanks much for your help. The tutorial if I remember doesn't mention a triplet. So I think the compiler maybe filling come thing in. it just says i686-elf. So IDK if that's PC or what. The compiler compiling this was build with x86_64-redhat-linux I am pretty sure. I will post below the config.log. I do still have the make file too If you like.

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.64. Invocation command line was

Code:
  $ ../gcc-6.3.0/configure --prefix=/mnt --with-multilib --without-headers --disable-nls i686-elf --with-gmp=/build --with-mpc=/build --with-mpfr=/build

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = localhost
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 3.19.8-100.fc20.x86_64
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:08:50 UTC 2015

/usr/bin/uname -p = x86_64
/bin/uname -X     = unknown

/bin/arch              = x86_64
/usr/bin/arch -k       = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo      = unknown
/bin/machine           = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel       = unknown
/bin/universe          = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /root/bin

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:2297: checking build system type
configure:2311: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2358: checking host system type
configure:2371: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2391: checking target system type
configure:2404: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2458: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:2526: result: /bin/install -c
configure:2537: checking whether ln works
configure:2559: result: yes
configure:2563: checking whether ln -s works
configure:2567: result: yes
configure:2574: checking for a sed that does not truncate output
configure:2638: result: /bin/sed
configure:2647: checking for gawk
configure:2663: found /bin/gawk
configure:2674: result: gawk
configure:3210: checking for libatomic support
configure:3216: result: no
configure:3229: checking for libcilkrts support
configure:3235: result: no
configure:3267: checking for libitm support
configure:3273: result: no
configure:3286: checking for libsanitizer support
configure:3292: result: no
configure:3305: checking for libvtv support
configure:3311: result: no
configure:3325: checking for libmpx support
configure:3331: result: no
configure:4078: checking for i686-elf-gcc
configure:4108: result: no
configure:4118: checking for gcc
configure:4134: found /bin/gcc
configure:4145: result: gcc
configure:4374: checking for C compiler version
configure:4383: gcc --version >&5
gcc (GCC) 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7)
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

configure:4394: $? = 0
configure:4383: gcc -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.8.3/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-linker-build-id --with-linker-hash-style=gnu --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada,go,lto --enable-plugin --enable-initfini-array --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-isl=/builddir/build/BUILD/gcc-4.8.3-20140911/obj-x86_64-redhat-linux/isl-install --with-cloog=/builddir/build/BUILD/gcc-4.8.3-20140911/obj-x86_64-redhat-linux/cloog-install --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i686 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7) (GCC)
configure:4383: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4394: $? = 4
configure:4383: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
compilation terminated.
configure:4414: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:4436: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
configure:4440: $? = 0
configure:4477: result: a.out
configure:4493: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4502: ./a.out
configure:4506: $? = 0
configure:4521: result: yes
configure:4528: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:4530: result: no
configure:4533: checking for suffix of executables
configure:4540: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
configure:4544: $? = 0
configure:4566: result:
configure:4572: checking for suffix of object files
configure:4594: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:4598: $? = 0
configure:4619: result: o
configure:4623: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:4642: gcc -c   conftest.c >&5
configure:4642: $? = 0
configure:4651: result: yes
configure:4660: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:4680: gcc -c -g  conftest.c >&5
configure:4680: $? = 0
configure:4721: result: yes
configure:4738: checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89
configure:4802: gcc  -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
configure:4802: $? = 0
configure:4815: result: none needed
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-g++
configure:4879: result: no
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-c++
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-gpp
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-aCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-CC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cxx
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cc++
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cl.exe
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-FCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-KCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-RCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-xlC_r
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-xlC
configure:4893: checking for g++
configure:4909: found /bin/g++
configure:4920: result: g++
configure:4947: checking for C++ compiler version
configure:4956: g++ --version >&5
g++ (GCC) 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

configure:4967: $? = 0
configure:4956: g++ -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-linker-build-id --with-linker-hash-style=gnu --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada,go,lto --enable-plugin --enable-initfini-array --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-isl=/builddir/build/BUILD/gcc-4.8.3-20140911/obj-x86_64-redhat-linux/isl-install --with-cloog=/builddir/build/BUILD/gcc-4.8.3-20140911/obj-x86_64-redhat-linux/cloog-install --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i686 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux
configure:4956: g++ -V >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
g++: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:4967: $? = 4
configure:4956: g++ -qversion >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
compilation terminated.
configure:4971: checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler
configure:4990: g++ -c   conftest.cpp >&5
configure:4990: $? = 0
configure:4999: result: yes
configure:5008: checking whether g++ accepts -g
configure:5028: g++ -c -g  conftest.cpp >&5
configure:5028: $? = 0
configure:5069: result: yes
configure:5118: checking whether g++ accepts -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc
configure:5135: g++ -o conftest -g -O2   -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc conftest.cpp  >&5
/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:5135: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| #if (__GNUC__ < 4) || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 5)
| #error -static-libstdc++ not implemented
| #endif
| int main() {}
configure:5139: result: no
configure:5160: checking for i686-elf-gnatbind
configure:5190: result: no
configure:5200: checking for gnatbind
configure:5230: result: no
configure:5252: checking for i686-elf-gnatmake
configure:5282: result: no
configure:5292: checking for gnatmake
configure:5322: result: no
configure:5341: checking whether compiler driver understands Ada
configure:5364: result: no
configure:5373: checking how to compare bootstrapped objects
configure:5398: result: cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
configure:5458: checking for objdir
configure:5473: result: .libs
configure:5647: checking for the correct version of gmp.h
configure:5667: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5667: $? = 0
configure:5685: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5685: $? = 0
configure:5686: result: yes
configure:5702: checking for the correct version of mpfr.h
configure:5720: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5720: $? = 0
configure:5737: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5737: $? = 0
configure:5738: result: yes
configure:5755: checking for the correct version of mpc.h
configure:5772: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5772: $? = 0
configure:5788: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include   conftest.c >&5
configure:5788: $? = 0
configure:5789: result: yes
configure:5807: checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries
configure:5838: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include    conftest.c  -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp >&5
configure:5838: $? = 0
configure:5839: result: yes
configure:6024: checking for isl 0.16, 0.15, or deprecated 0.14
configure:6037: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include     -lisl -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp conftest.c  -lisl -lgmp >&5
configure:6037: $? = 0
configure:6044: result: yes
configure:6052: checking for isl 0.16 or 0.15
configure:6065: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include     -lisl -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp conftest.c  -lisl -lgmp >&5
configure:6065: $? = 0
configure:6072: result: yes
configure:7076: checking for default BUILD_CONFIG
configure:7108: result: bootstrap-debug
configure:7113: checking for --enable-vtable-verify
configure:7126: result: no
configure:7722: checking for bison
configure:7752: result: no
configure:7722: checking for byacc
configure:7722: checking for yacc
configure:7769: checking for bison
configure:7799: result: no
configure:7816: checking for gm4
configure:7846: result: no
configure:7816: checking for gnum4
configure:7816: checking for m4
configure:7832: found /bin/m4
configure:7843: result: m4
configure:7863: checking for flex
configure:7893: result: no
configure:7863: checking for lex
configure:7911: checking for flex
configure:7941: result: no
configure:7958: checking for makeinfo
configure:7988: result: no
configure:8019: checking for expect
configure:8049: result: no
configure:8068: checking for runtest
configure:8098: result: no
configure:8174: checking for i686-elf-ar
configure:8204: result: no
configure:8213: checking for ar
configure:8229: found /bin/ar
configure:8240: result: ar
configure:8315: checking for i686-elf-as
configure:8345: result: no
configure:8354: checking for as
configure:8370: found /bin/as
configure:8381: result: as
configure:8456: checking for i686-elf-dlltool
configure:8486: result: no
configure:8495: checking for dlltool
configure:8525: result: no
configure:8597: checking for i686-elf-ld
configure:8627: result: no
configure:8636: checking for ld
configure:8652: found /bin/ld
configure:8663: result: ld
configure:8738: checking for i686-elf-lipo
configure:8768: result: no
configure:8777: checking for lipo
configure:8807: result: no
configure:8879: checking for i686-elf-nm
configure:8909: result: no
configure:8918: checking for nm
configure:8934: found /bin/nm
configure:8945: result: nm
configure:9020: checking for i686-elf-ranlib
configure:9050: result: no
configure:9059: checking for ranlib
configure:9075: found /bin/ranlib
configure:9086: result: ranlib
configure:9156: checking for i686-elf-strip
configure:9186: result: no
configure:9195: checking for strip
configure:9211: found /bin/strip
configure:9222: result: strip
configure:9292: checking for i686-elf-windres
configure:9322: result: no
configure:9331: checking for windres
configure:9361: result: no
configure:9433: checking for i686-elf-windmc
configure:9463: result: no
configure:9472: checking for windmc
configure:9502: result: no
configure:9574: checking for i686-elf-objcopy
configure:9604: result: no
configure:9613: checking for objcopy
configure:9629: found /bin/objcopy
configure:9640: result: objcopy
configure:9715: checking for i686-elf-objdump
configure:9745: result: no
configure:9754: checking for objdump
configure:9770: found /bin/objdump
configure:9781: result: objdump
configure:9856: checking for i686-elf-readelf
configure:9886: result: no
configure:9895: checking for readelf
configure:9911: found /bin/readelf
configure:9922: result: readelf
configure:10036: checking for i686-elf-cc
configure:10066: result: no
configure:10075: checking for cc
configure:10091: found /bin/cc
configure:10102: result: cc
configure:10197: checking for i686-elf-c++
configure:10227: result: no
configure:10236: checking for c++
configure:10252: found /bin/c++
configure:10263: result: c++
configure:10358: checking for i686-elf-gcc
configure:10388: result: no
configure:10397: checking for gcc
configure:10413: found /bin/gcc
configure:10424: result: gcc
configure:10514: checking for i686-elf-gcj
configure:10544: result: no
configure:10553: checking for gcj
configure:10583: result: no
configure:10675: checking for i686-elf-gfortran
configure:10705: result: no
configure:10714: checking for gfortran
configure:10744: result: no
configure:10836: checking for i686-elf-gccgo
configure:10866: result: no
configure:10875: checking for gccgo
configure:10905: result: no
configure:10966: checking for ar
configure:10999: result: no
configure:11077: checking for i686-elf-ar
configure:11107: result: no
configure:11116: checking for ar
configure:11132: found /bin/ar
configure:11143: result: ar
configure:11196: checking for as
configure:11229: result: no
configure:11307: checking for i686-elf-as
configure:11337: result: no
configure:11346: checking for as
configure:11362: found /bin/as
configure:11373: result: as
configure:11426: checking for dlltool
configure:11459: result: no
configure:11537: checking for i686-elf-dlltool
configure:11567: result: no
configure:11576: checking for dlltool
configure:11606: result: no
configure:11656: checking for ld
configure:11689: result: no
configure:11767: checking for i686-elf-ld
configure:11797: result: no
configure:11806: checking for ld
configure:11822: found /bin/ld
configure:11833: result: ld
configure:11886: checking for lipo
configure:11919: result: no
configure:11997: checking for i686-elf-lipo
configure:12027: result: no
configure:12036: checking for lipo
configure:12066: result: no
configure:12116: checking for nm
configure:12149: result: no
configure:12227: checking for i686-elf-nm
configure:12257: result: no
configure:12266: checking for nm
configure:12282: found /bin/nm
configure:12293: result: nm
configure:12346: checking for objcopy
configure:12379: result: no
configure:12457: checking for i686-elf-objcopy
configure:12487: result: no
configure:12496: checking for objcopy
configure:12512: found /bin/objcopy
configure:12523: result: objcopy
configure:12576: checking for objdump
configure:12609: result: no
configure:12687: checking for i686-elf-objdump
configure:12717: result: no
configure:12726: checking for objdump
configure:12742: found /bin/objdump
configure:12753: result: objdump
configure:12806: checking for ranlib
configure:12839: result: no
configure:12917: checking for i686-elf-ranlib
configure:12947: result: no
configure:12956: checking for ranlib
configure:12972: found /bin/ranlib
configure:12983: result: ranlib
configure:13036: checking for readelf
configure:13069: result: no
configure:13147: checking for i686-elf-readelf
configure:13177: result: no
configure:13186: checking for readelf
configure:13202: found /bin/readelf
configure:13213: result: readelf
configure:13266: checking for strip
configure:13299: result: no
configure:13377: checking for i686-elf-strip
configure:13407: result: no
configure:13416: checking for strip
configure:13432: found /bin/strip
configure:13443: result: strip
configure:13496: checking for windres
configure:13529: result: no
configure:13607: checking for i686-elf-windres
configure:13637: result: no
configure:13646: checking for windres
configure:13676: result: no
configure:13726: checking for windmc
configure:13759: result: no
configure:13837: checking for i686-elf-windmc
configure:13867: result: no
configure:13876: checking for windmc
configure:13906: result: no
configure:13934: checking where to find the target ar
configure:13967: result: host tool
configure:13976: checking where to find the target as
configure:14009: result: host tool
configure:14018: checking where to find the target cc
configure:14041: result: just compiled
configure:14060: checking where to find the target c++
configure:14086: result: just compiled
configure:14105: checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++
configure:14131: result: just compiled
configure:14150: checking where to find the target dlltool
configure:14183: result: host tool
configure:14192: checking where to find the target gcc
configure:14215: result: just compiled
configure:14234: checking where to find the target gcj
configure:14260: result: just compiled
configure:14279: checking where to find the target gfortran
configure:14305: result: just compiled
configure:14324: checking where to find the target gccgo
configure:14360: result: host tool
configure:14369: checking where to find the target ld
configure:14402: result: host tool
configure:14411: checking where to find the target lipo
configure:14433: result: host tool
configure:14442: checking where to find the target nm
configure:14475: result: host tool
configure:14484: checking where to find the target objcopy
configure:14517: result: host tool
configure:14526: checking where to find the target objdump
configure:14559: result: host tool
configure:14568: checking where to find the target ranlib
configure:14601: result: host tool
configure:14610: checking where to find the target readelf
configure:14643: result: host tool
configure:14652: checking where to find the target strip
configure:14685: result: host tool
configure:14694: checking where to find the target windres
configure:14727: result: host tool
configure:14736: checking where to find the target windmc
configure:14769: result: host tool
configure:14806: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
configure:14815: result: no
configure:15072: creating ./config.status

## ---------------------- ##
## Running config.status. ##

This file was extended by config.status, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.64.  Invocation command line was

CONFIG_FILES    =
  CONFIG_HEADERS  =
  CONFIG_LINKS    =
  CONFIG_COMMANDS =
  $ ./config.status

on localhost

config.status:1002: creating Makefile

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=i686-pc-elf
ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_cxx_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AR_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_value=
ac_cv_env_CCC_set=
ac_cv_env_CCC_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_value=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_value=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GOC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GOC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_value=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_set=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_value=
ac_cv_env_READELF_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_READELF_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_READELF_set=
ac_cv_env_READELF_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_build_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_build_configargs_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_host_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_host_configargs_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_target_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_target_configargs_value=
ac_cv_host=i686-pc-elf
ac_cv_objext=o
ac_cv_path_SED=/bin/sed
ac_cv_path_install='/bin/install -c'
ac_cv_prog_AR=ar
ac_cv_prog_AR_FOR_TARGET=ar
ac_cv_prog_AS=as
ac_cv_prog_AS_FOR_TARGET=as
ac_cv_prog_AWK=gawk
ac_cv_prog_CC_FOR_TARGET=cc
ac_cv_prog_CXX_FOR_TARGET=c++
ac_cv_prog_GCC_FOR_TARGET=gcc
ac_cv_prog_LD=ld
ac_cv_prog_LD_FOR_TARGET=ld
ac_cv_prog_M4=m4
ac_cv_prog_NM=nm
ac_cv_prog_NM_FOR_TARGET=nm
ac_cv_prog_OBJCOPY=objcopy
ac_cv_prog_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET=objcopy
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP=objdump
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET=objdump
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_READELF=readelf
ac_cv_prog_READELF_FOR_TARGET=readelf
ac_cv_prog_STRIP=strip
ac_cv_prog_STRIP_FOR_TARGET=strip
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC=gcc
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CXX=g++
ac_cv_prog_cc_c89=
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_cxx_g=yes
ac_cv_target=i686-pc-elf
acx_cv_cc_gcc_supports_ada=no
acx_cv_prog_LN=ln
gcc_cv_isl=yes
gcc_cv_prog_cmp_skip='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
gcc_cv_tool_dirs=/mnt/libexec/gcc/i686-elf/6.3.0:/mnt/libexec/gcc/i686-elf:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-elf/6.3.0:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-elf:/mnt/i686-elf/bin/i686-elf/6.3.0:/mnt/i686-elf/bin:
gcc_cv_tool_prefix=/mnt
lt_cv_objdir=.libs

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

AR='ar'
AR_FOR_BUILD='$(AR)'
AR_FOR_TARGET='$(AR)'
AS='as'
AS_FOR_BUILD='$(AS)'
AS_FOR_TARGET='$(AS)'
AWK='gawk'
BISON='/gcc-6.3.0/missing bison'
BUILD_CONFIG='bootstrap-debug'
CC='gcc'
CC_FOR_BUILD='$(CC)'
CC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
CFLAGS='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
COMPILER_AS_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/as'
COMPILER_LD_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/collect-ld'
COMPILER_NM_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/nm'
CONFIGURE_GDB_TK=''
CPPFLAGS=''
CXX='g++ -std=gnu++98'
CXXFLAGS='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
CXX_FOR_BUILD='$(CXX)'
CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xg++ -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/ -nostdinc++ `if test -f $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags; then $(SHELL) $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags --build-includes; else echo -funconfigured-libstdc++-v3 ; fi` -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs'
DEBUG_PREFIX_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
DEFS='-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"'
DLLTOOL='dlltool'
DLLTOOL_FOR_BUILD='$(DLLTOOL)'
DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET='$(DLLTOOL)'
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EXEEXT=''
EXPECT='expect'
EXTRA_CONFIGARGS_LIBJAVA='--disable-static'
FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=' -B$(build_tooldir)/bin/ -B$(build_tooldir)/lib/ -isystem $(build_tooldir)/include -isystem $(build_tooldir)/sys-include'
FLEX='/gcc-6.3.0/missing flex'
GCC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GCC_SHLIB_SUBDIR=''
GCJ_FOR_BUILD='$(GCJ)'
GCJ_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/gcj -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GDB_TK=''
GFORTRAN_FOR_BUILD='$(GFORTRAN)'
GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/gfortran -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GNATBIND='no'
GNATMAKE='no'
GOC_FOR_BUILD='$(GOC)'
GOC_FOR_TARGET='$(GOC)'
INSTALL_DATA='${INSTALL} -m 644'
INSTALL_GDB_TK=''
INSTALL_PROGRAM='${INSTALL}'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='${INSTALL}'
LD='ld'
LDFLAGS=''
LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=''
LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
LD_FOR_BUILD='$(LD)'
LD_FOR_TARGET='$(LD)'
LEX='/gcc-6.3.0/missing flex'
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LIPO='lipo'
LIPO_FOR_TARGET='$(LIPO)'
LN='ln'
LN_S='ln -s'
LTLIBOBJS=''
M4='m4'
MAINT='#'
MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE=''
MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE='#'
MAKEINFO='/gcc-6.3.0/missing makeinfo'
NM='nm'
NM_FOR_BUILD='$(NM)'
NM_FOR_TARGET='$(NM)'
OBJCOPY='objcopy'
OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET='$(OBJCOPY)'
OBJDUMP='objdump'
OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET='$(OBJDUMP)'
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=''
PACKAGE_NAME=''
PACKAGE_STRING=''
PACKAGE_TARNAME=''
PACKAGE_URL=''
PACKAGE_VERSION=''
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
RANLIB='ranlib'
RANLIB_FOR_BUILD='$(RANLIB)'
RANLIB_FOR_TARGET='$(RANLIB)'
RAW_CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc -nostdinc++ -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs'
READELF='readelf'
READELF_FOR_TARGET='$(READELF)'
RPATH_ENVVAR='LD_LIBRARY_PATH'
RUNTEST='runtest'
SED='/bin/sed'
SHELL='/bin/sh'
STRIP='strip'
STRIP_FOR_TARGET='$(STRIP)'
SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
TOPLEVEL_CONFIGURE_ARGUMENTS='../gcc-6.3.0/configure --prefix=/mnt --with-multilib --without-headers --disable-nls i686-elf --with-gmp=/build --with-mpc=/build --with-mpfr=/build'
WINDMC='windmc'
WINDMC_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDMC)'
WINDMC_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDMC)'
WINDRES='windres'
WINDRES_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDRES)'
WINDRES_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDRES)'
YACC='/gcc-6.3.0/missing bison -y'
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
ac_ct_CXX='g++'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-elf'
build_alias='i686-elf'
build_configargs=' --cache-file=./config.cache '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
build_configdirs=' libiberty libcpp fixincludes'
build_cpu='i686'
build_libsubdir='build-i686-elf'
build_noncanonical='i686-elf'
build_os='elf'
build_subdir='build-i686-elf'
build_tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-elf'
build_vendor='pc'
compare_exclusions='gcc/cc*-checksum$(objext) | gcc/ada/*tools/*'
configdirs=' intl libiberty zlib libbacktrace libcpp libdecnumber fixincludes gcc libcc1 lto-plugin'
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
do_compare='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE}'
dvidir='${docdir}'
exec_prefix='${prefix}'
extra_host_libiberty_configure_flags='--enable-shared'
extra_host_zlib_configure_flags=''
extra_isl_gmp_configure_flags=''
extra_liboffloadmic_configure_flags=''
extra_linker_plugin_configure_flags=''
extra_linker_plugin_flags=''
extra_mpc_gmp_configure_flags=''
extra_mpc_mpfr_configure_flags=''
extra_mpfr_configure_flags=''
gmpinc='-I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include '
gmplibs='-L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp'
host='i686-pc-elf'
host_alias='i686-elf'
host_configargs=' --cache-file=./config.cache  '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
host_cpu='i686'
host_noncanonical='i686-elf'
host_os='elf'
host_shared='no'
host_subdir='.'
host_vendor='pc'
htmldir='${docdir}'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
islinc=''
isllibs=' -lisl'
islver='0.15'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${datarootdir}/man'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
pdfdir='${docdir}'
poststage1_ldflags='-static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc'
poststage1_libs=''
prefix='/mnt'
program_transform_name='s,y,y,'
psdir='${docdir}'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
stage1_cflags='-g'
stage1_checking='--enable-checking=yes,types'
stage1_languages='c,c++,lto'
stage1_ldflags=''
stage1_libs=''
stage2_werror_flag=''
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target='i686-pc-elf'
target_alias='i686-elf'
target_configargs='--cache-file=./config.cache --enable-multilib   '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
target_configdirs=' libgcc libbacktrace libstdc++-v3 libssp libquadmath libgfortran boehm-gc libffi zlib libjava libobjc'
target_cpu='i686'
target_noncanonical='i686-elf'
target_os='elf'
target_subdir='i686-elf'
target_vendor='pc'
tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-elf'

## ------------------- ##
## File substitutions. ##

alphaieee_frag='/dev/null'
host_makefile_frag='/dev/null'
ospace_frag='/dev/null'
serialization_dependencies='serdep.tmp'
target_makefile_frag='/dev/null'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"

configure: exit 0

MOD EDIT: Added code blocks

Last edited by thepowersgang on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Code blocks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 pm 

Would you mind editing the previous post to put the output and code between pairs of [code] and [/code] tags? The phpBB message board software, like most others, does not retain code indentation by default, and the code tags will also put the text into separate code windows which can be easier to browse.

[code]
Like this.
[/code]

Which will be rendered

Code:
Like this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
Would you mind editing the previous post to put the output and code between pairs of
Code:
and
tags? The phpBB message board software, like most others, does not retain code indentation by default, and the code tags will also put the text into separate code windows which can be easier to browse.

Code:
Like this.

Which will be rendered

Code:
Like this.

Ok I didn't know those tags were available.

Code:
$ ../gcc-6.3.0/configure --prefix=/mnt --with-multilib --without-headers --disable-nls i686-elf --with-gmp=/build --with-mpc=/build --with-mpfr=/build

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = localhost
uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 3.19.8-100.fc20.x86_64
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:08:50 UTC 2015

/usr/bin/uname -p = x86_64
/bin/uname -X = unknown

/bin/arch = x86_64
/usr/bin/arch -k = unknown
/usr/convex/getsysinfo = unknown
/usr/bin/hostinfo = unknown
/bin/machine = unknown
/usr/bin/oslevel = unknown
/bin/universe = unknown

PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /root/bin

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:2297: checking build system type
configure:2311: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2358: checking host system type
configure:2371: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2391: checking target system type
configure:2404: result: i686-pc-elf
configure:2458: checking for a BSD-compatible install
configure:2526: result: /bin/install -c
configure:2537: checking whether ln works
configure:2559: result: yes
configure:2563: checking whether ln -s works
configure:2567: result: yes
configure:2574: checking for a sed that does not truncate output
configure:2638: result: /bin/sed
configure:2647: checking for gawk
configure:2663: found /bin/gawk
configure:2674: result: gawk
configure:3210: checking for libatomic support
configure:3216: result: no
configure:3229: checking for libcilkrts support
configure:3235: result: no
configure:3267: checking for libitm support
configure:3273: result: no
configure:3286: checking for libsanitizer support
configure:3292: result: no
configure:3305: checking for libvtv support
configure:3311: result: no
configure:3325: checking for libmpx support
configure:3331: result: no
configure:4078: checking for i686-elf-gcc
configure:4108: result: no
configure:4118: checking for gcc
configure:4134: found /bin/gcc
configure:4145: result: gcc
configure:4374: checking for C compiler version
configure:4383: gcc --version >&5
gcc (GCC) 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO

configure:4383: gcc -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
configure:4383: gcc -V >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
compilation terminated.
configure:4383: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
compilation terminated.
configure:4414: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:4436: gcc conftest.c >&5
configure:4440: $? = 0
configure:4477: result: a.out
configure:4493: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:4502: ./a.out
configure:4506: $? = 0
configure:4521: result: yes
configure:4528: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:4530: result: no
configure:4533: checking for suffix of executables
configure:4540: gcc -o conftest conftest.c >&5
configure:4544: $? = 0
configure:4566: result:
configure:4572: checking for suffix of object files
configure:4594: gcc -c conftest.c >&5
configure:4598: $? = 0
configure:4619: result: o
configure:4623: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:4642: gcc -c conftest.c >&5
configure:4642: $? = 0
configure:4651: result: yes
configure:4660: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:4680: gcc -c -g conftest.c >&5
configure:4680: $? = 0
configure:4721: result: yes
configure:4738: checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89
configure:4802: gcc -c -g -O2 conftest.c >&5
configure:4802: $? = 0
configure:4815: result: none needed
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-g++
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-c++
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-gpp
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-aCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-CC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cxx
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cc++
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-cl.exe
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-FCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-KCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-RCC
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-xlC_r
configure:4849: checking for i686-elf-xlC
configure:4893: checking for g++
configure:4909: found /bin/g++
configure:4920: result: g++
configure:4947: checking for C++ compiler version
configure:4956: g++ --version >&5
g++ (GCC) 4.8.3 20140911 (Red Hat 4.8.3-7)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO

configure:4956: g++ -v >&5
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
configure:4956: g++ -V >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-V'
compilation terminated.
configure:4956: g++ -qversion >&5
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
compilation terminated.
configure:4971: checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler
configure:4990: g++ -c conftest.cpp >&5
configure:4990: $? = 0
configure:4999: result: yes
configure:5008: checking whether g++ accepts -g
configure:5028: g++ -c -g conftest.cpp >&5
configure:5028: $? = 0
configure:5069: result: yes
configure:5118: checking whether g++ accepts -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc
configure:5135: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc conftest.cpp >&5
/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:5135: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| /* end confdefs.h. */
|
| #if (__GNUC__ < 4) || (__GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 5)
| #error -static-libstdc++ not implemented
| #endif
| int main() {}
configure:5139: result: no
configure:5160: checking for i686-elf-gnatbind
configure:5190: result: no
configure:5200: checking for gnatbind
configure:5230: result: no
configure:5252: checking for i686-elf-gnatmake
configure:5282: result: no
configure:5292: checking for gnatmake
configure:5322: result: no
configure:5341: checking whether compiler driver understands Ada
configure:5364: result: no
configure:5373: checking how to compare bootstrapped objects
configure:5398: result: cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
configure:5458: checking for objdir
configure:5473: result: .libs
configure:5647: checking for the correct version of gmp.h
configure:5667: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5667: $? = 0
configure:5685: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5685: $? = 0
configure:5686: result: yes
configure:5702: checking for the correct version of mpfr.h
configure:5720: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5720: $? = 0
configure:5737: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5737: $? = 0
configure:5738: result: yes
configure:5755: checking for the correct version of mpc.h
configure:5772: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5772: $? = 0
configure:5788: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c >&5
configure:5788: $? = 0
configure:5789: result: yes
configure:5807: checking for the correct version of the gmp/mpfr/mpc libraries
configure:5838: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include conftest.c -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp >&5
configure:5838: $? = 0
configure:5839: result: yes
configure:6024: checking for isl 0.16, 0.15, or deprecated 0.14
configure:6037: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include -lisl -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp conftest.c -lisl -lgmp >&5
configure:6037: $? = 0
configure:6044: result: yes
configure:6052: checking for isl 0.16 or 0.15
configure:6065: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include -lisl -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp conftest.c -lisl -lgmp >&5
configure:6065: $? = 0
configure:6072: result: yes
configure:7076: checking for default BUILD_CONFIG
configure:7108: result: bootstrap-debug
configure:7113: checking for --enable-vtable-verify
configure:7126: result: no
configure:7722: checking for bison
configure:7722: checking for byacc
configure:7722: checking for yacc
configure:7769: checking for bison
configure:7799: result: no
configure:7816: checking for gm4
configure:7816: checking for gnum4
configure:7816: checking for m4
configure:7832: found /bin/m4
configure:7843: result: m4
configure:7863: checking for flex
configure:7863: checking for lex
configure:7911: checking for flex
configure:7941: result: no
configure:7958: checking for makeinfo
configure:7988: result: no
configure:8019: checking for expect
configure:8049: result: no
configure:8068: checking for runtest
configure:8098: result: no
configure:8174: checking for i686-elf-ar
configure:8204: result: no
configure:8213: checking for ar
configure:8229: found /bin/ar
configure:8240: result: ar
configure:8315: checking for i686-elf-as
configure:8345: result: no
configure:8354: checking for as
configure:8370: found /bin/as
configure:8381: result: as
configure:8456: checking for i686-elf-dlltool
configure:8486: result: no
configure:8495: checking for dlltool
configure:8525: result: no
configure:8597: checking for i686-elf-ld
configure:8627: result: no
configure:8636: checking for ld
configure:8652: found /bin/ld
configure:8663: result: ld
configure:8738: checking for i686-elf-lipo
configure:8768: result: no
configure:8777: checking for lipo
configure:8807: result: no
configure:8879: checking for i686-elf-nm
configure:8909: result: no
configure:8918: checking for nm
configure:8934: found /bin/nm
configure:8945: result: nm
configure:9020: checking for i686-elf-ranlib
configure:9050: result: no
configure:9059: checking for ranlib
configure:9075: found /bin/ranlib
configure:9086: result: ranlib
configure:9156: checking for i686-elf-strip
configure:9186: result: no
configure:9195: checking for strip
configure:9211: found /bin/strip
configure:9222: result: strip
configure:9292: checking for i686-elf-windres
configure:9322: result: no
configure:9331: checking for windres
configure:9361: result: no
configure:9433: checking for i686-elf-windmc
configure:9463: result: no
configure:9472: checking for windmc
configure:9502: result: no
configure:9574: checking for i686-elf-objcopy
configure:9604: result: no
configure:9613: checking for objcopy
configure:9629: found /bin/objcopy
configure:9640: result: objcopy
configure:9715: checking for i686-elf-objdump
configure:9745: result: no
configure:9754: checking for objdump
configure:9770: found /bin/objdump
configure:9781: result: objdump
configure:9856: checking for i686-elf-readelf
configure:9886: result: no
configure:9895: checking for readelf
configure:9911: found /bin/readelf
configure:9922: result: readelf
configure:10036: checking for i686-elf-cc
configure:10066: result: no
configure:10075: checking for cc
configure:10091: found /bin/cc
configure:10102: result: cc
configure:10197: checking for i686-elf-c++
configure:10227: result: no
configure:10236: checking for c++
configure:10252: found /bin/c++
configure:10263: result: c++
configure:10358: checking for i686-elf-gcc
configure:10388: result: no
configure:10397: checking for gcc
configure:10413: found /bin/gcc
configure:10424: result: gcc
configure:10514: checking for i686-elf-gcj
configure:10544: result: no
configure:10553: checking for gcj
configure:10583: result: no
configure:10675: checking for i686-elf-gfortran
configure:10705: result: no
configure:10714: checking for gfortran
configure:10744: result: no
configure:10836: checking for i686-elf-gccgo
configure:10866: result: no
configure:10875: checking for gccgo
configure:10905: result: no
configure:10966: checking for ar
configure:10999: result: no
configure:11077: checking for i686-elf-ar
configure:11107: result: no
configure:11116: checking for ar
configure:11132: found /bin/ar
configure:11143: result: ar
configure:11196: checking for as
configure:11229: result: no
configure:11307: checking for i686-elf-as
configure:11337: result: no
configure:11346: checking for as
configure:11362: found /bin/as
configure:11373: result: as
configure:11426: checking for dlltool
configure:11459: result: no
configure:11537: checking for i686-elf-dlltool
configure:11567: result: no
configure:11576: checking for dlltool
configure:11606: result: no
configure:11656: checking for ld
configure:11689: result: no
configure:11767: checking for i686-elf-ld
configure:11797: result: no
configure:11806: checking for ld
configure:11822: found /bin/ld
configure:11833: result: ld
configure:11886: checking for lipo
configure:11919: result: no
configure:11997: checking for i686-elf-lipo
configure:12027: result: no
configure:12036: checking for lipo
configure:12066: result: no
configure:12116: checking for nm
configure:12149: result: no
configure:12227: checking for i686-elf-nm
configure:12257: result: no
configure:12266: checking for nm
configure:12282: found /bin/nm
configure:12293: result: nm
configure:12346: checking for objcopy
configure:12379: result: no
configure:12457: checking for i686-elf-objcopy
configure:12487: result: no
configure:12496: checking for objcopy
configure:12512: found /bin/objcopy
configure:12523: result: objcopy
configure:12576: checking for objdump
configure:12609: result: no
configure:12687: checking for i686-elf-objdump
configure:12717: result: no
configure:12726: checking for objdump
configure:12742: found /bin/objdump
configure:12753: result: objdump
configure:12806: checking for ranlib
configure:12839: result: no
configure:12917: checking for i686-elf-ranlib
configure:12947: result: no
configure:12956: checking for ranlib
configure:12972: found /bin/ranlib
configure:12983: result: ranlib
configure:13036: checking for readelf
configure:13069: result: no
configure:13147: checking for i686-elf-readelf
configure:13177: result: no
configure:13186: checking for readelf
configure:13202: found /bin/readelf
configure:13213: result: readelf
configure:13266: checking for strip
configure:13299: result: no
configure:13377: checking for i686-elf-strip
configure:13407: result: no
configure:13416: checking for strip
configure:13432: found /bin/strip
configure:13443: result: strip
configure:13496: checking for windres
configure:13529: result: no
configure:13607: checking for i686-elf-windres
configure:13637: result: no
configure:13646: checking for windres
configure:13676: result: no
configure:13726: checking for windmc
configure:13759: result: no
configure:13837: checking for i686-elf-windmc
configure:13867: result: no
configure:13876: checking for windmc
configure:13906: result: no
configure:13934: checking where to find the target ar
configure:13967: result: host tool
configure:13976: checking where to find the target as
configure:14009: result: host tool
configure:14018: checking where to find the target cc
configure:14041: result: just compiled
configure:14060: checking where to find the target c++
configure:14086: result: just compiled
configure:14105: checking where to find the target c++ for libstdc++
configure:14131: result: just compiled
configure:14150: checking where to find the target dlltool
configure:14183: result: host tool
configure:14192: checking where to find the target gcc
configure:14215: result: just compiled
configure:14234: checking where to find the target gcj
configure:14260: result: just compiled
configure:14279: checking where to find the target gfortran
configure:14305: result: just compiled
configure:14324: checking where to find the target gccgo
configure:14360: result: host tool
configure:14369: checking where to find the target ld
configure:14402: result: host tool
configure:14411: checking where to find the target lipo
configure:14433: result: host tool
configure:14442: checking where to find the target nm
configure:14475: result: host tool
configure:14484: checking where to find the target objcopy
configure:14517: result: host tool
configure:14526: checking where to find the target objdump
configure:14559: result: host tool
configure:14568: checking where to find the target ranlib
configure:14601: result: host tool
configure:14610: checking where to find the target readelf
configure:14643: result: host tool
configure:14652: checking where to find the target strip
configure:14685: result: host tool
configure:14694: checking where to find the target windres
configure:14727: result: host tool
configure:14736: checking where to find the target windmc
configure:14769: result: host tool
configure:14806: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
configure:14815: result: no
configure:15072: creating ./config.status

## Running config.status. ##

This file was extended by config.status, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.64. Invocation command line was

CONFIG_FILES =
CONFIG_HEADERS =
CONFIG_LINKS =
CONFIG_COMMANDS =
$ ./config.status

on localhost

config.status:1002: creating Makefile

## ---------------- ##
## Cache variables. ##
## ---------------- ##

ac_cv_build=i686-pc-elf
ac_cv_c_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_cxx_compiler_gnu=yes
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AR_set=
ac_cv_env_AR_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_AS_set=
ac_cv_env_AS_value=
ac_cv_env_CCC_set=
ac_cv_env_CCC_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CC_set=
ac_cv_env_CC_value=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_CXXFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_CXX_set=
ac_cv_env_CXX_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_set=
ac_cv_env_DLLTOOL_value=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GCJ_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_GOC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_GOC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_LDFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LD_set=
ac_cv_env_LD_value=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_set=
ac_cv_env_LIBS_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_set=
ac_cv_env_LIPO_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_NM_set=
ac_cv_env_NM_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJCOPY_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_set=
ac_cv_env_OBJDUMP_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_set=
ac_cv_env_RANLIB_value=
ac_cv_env_READELF_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_READELF_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_READELF_set=
ac_cv_env_READELF_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_set=
ac_cv_env_STRIP_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDMC_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_FOR_TARGET_value=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_set=
ac_cv_env_WINDRES_value=
ac_cv_env_build_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_build_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_build_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_build_configargs_value=
ac_cv_env_host_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_host_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_host_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_host_configargs_value=
ac_cv_env_target_alias_set=set
ac_cv_env_target_alias_value=i686-elf
ac_cv_env_target_configargs_set=
ac_cv_env_target_configargs_value=
ac_cv_host=i686-pc-elf
ac_cv_objext=o
ac_cv_path_SED=/bin/sed
ac_cv_path_install='/bin/install -c'
ac_cv_prog_AR=ar
ac_cv_prog_AR_FOR_TARGET=ar
ac_cv_prog_AS=as
ac_cv_prog_AS_FOR_TARGET=as
ac_cv_prog_AWK=gawk
ac_cv_prog_CC_FOR_TARGET=cc
ac_cv_prog_CXX_FOR_TARGET=c++
ac_cv_prog_GCC_FOR_TARGET=gcc
ac_cv_prog_LD=ld
ac_cv_prog_LD_FOR_TARGET=ld
ac_cv_prog_M4=m4
ac_cv_prog_NM=nm
ac_cv_prog_NM_FOR_TARGET=nm
ac_cv_prog_OBJCOPY=objcopy
ac_cv_prog_OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET=objcopy
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP=objdump
ac_cv_prog_OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET=objdump
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=ranlib
ac_cv_prog_READELF=readelf
ac_cv_prog_READELF_FOR_TARGET=readelf
ac_cv_prog_STRIP=strip
ac_cv_prog_STRIP_FOR_TARGET=strip
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CC=gcc
ac_cv_prog_ac_ct_CXX=g++
ac_cv_prog_cc_c89=
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes
ac_cv_prog_cxx_g=yes
ac_cv_target=i686-pc-elf
acx_cv_cc_gcc_supports_ada=no
acx_cv_prog_LN=ln
gcc_cv_isl=yes
gcc_cv_prog_cmp_skip='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
gcc_cv_tool_dirs=/mnt/libexec/gcc/i686-elf/6.3.0:/mnt/libexec/gcc/i686-elf:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-elf/6.3.0:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-elf:/mnt/i686-elf/bin/i686-elf/6.3.0:/mnt/i686-elf/bin:
gcc_cv_tool_prefix=/mnt
lt_cv_objdir=.libs

## ----------------- ##
## Output variables. ##
## ----------------- ##

AR='ar'
AR_FOR_BUILD='$(AR)'
AR_FOR_TARGET='$(AR)'
AS='as'
AS_FOR_BUILD='$(AS)'
AS_FOR_TARGET='$(AS)'
AWK='gawk'
BISON='/gcc-6.3.0/missing bison'
BUILD_CONFIG='bootstrap-debug'
CC='gcc'
CC_FOR_BUILD='$(CC)'
CC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
CFLAGS='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
COMPILER_AS_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/as'
COMPILER_LD_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/collect-ld'
COMPILER_NM_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/nm'
CONFIGURE_GDB_TK=''
CPPFLAGS=''
CXX='g++ -std=gnu++98'
CXXFLAGS='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_BUILD='-g -O2'
CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-g -O2'
CXX_FOR_BUILD='$(CXX)'
CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xg++ -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/ -nostdinc++ `if test -f $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags; then $(SHELL) $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/scripts/testsuite_flags --build-includes; else echo -funconfigured-libstdc++-v3 ; fi` -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs'
DEBUG_PREFIX_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
DEFS='-DPACKAGE_NAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\"'
DLLTOOL='dlltool'
DLLTOOL_FOR_BUILD='$(DLLTOOL)'
DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET='$(DLLTOOL)'
ECHO_C=''
ECHO_N='-n'
ECHO_T=''
EXEEXT=''
EXPECT='expect'
EXTRA_CONFIGARGS_LIBJAVA='--disable-static'
FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=' -B$(build_tooldir)/bin/ -B$(build_tooldir)/lib/ -isystem $(build_tooldir)/include -isystem $(build_tooldir)/sys-include'
FLEX='/gcc-6.3.0/missing flex'
GCC_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GCC_SHLIB_SUBDIR=''
GCJ_FOR_BUILD='$(GCJ)'
GCJ_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/gcj -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GDB_TK=''
GFORTRAN_FOR_BUILD='$(GFORTRAN)'
GFORTRAN_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/gfortran -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/'
GNATBIND='no'
GNATMAKE='no'
GOC_FOR_BUILD='$(GOC)'
GOC_FOR_TARGET='$(GOC)'
INSTALL_DATA='${INSTALL} -m 644'
INSTALL_GDB_TK=''
INSTALL_PROGRAM='${INSTALL}'
INSTALL_SCRIPT='${INSTALL}'
LD='ld'
LDFLAGS=''
LDFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=''
LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
LD_FOR_BUILD='$(LD)'
LD_FOR_TARGET='$(LD)'
LEX='/gcc-6.3.0/missing flex'
LIBOBJS=''
LIBS=''
LIPO='lipo'
LIPO_FOR_TARGET='$(LIPO)'
LN='ln'
LN_S='ln -s'
LTLIBOBJS=''
M4='m4'
MAINT='#'
MAINTAINER_MODE_FALSE=''
MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE='#'
MAKEINFO='/gcc-6.3.0/missing makeinfo'
NM='nm'
NM_FOR_BUILD='$(NM)'
NM_FOR_TARGET='$(NM)'
OBJCOPY='objcopy'
OBJCOPY_FOR_TARGET='$(OBJCOPY)'
OBJDUMP='objdump'
OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET='$(OBJDUMP)'
OBJEXT='o'
PACKAGE_BUGREPORT=''
PACKAGE_NAME=''
PACKAGE_STRING=''
PACKAGE_TARNAME=''
PACKAGE_URL=''
PACKAGE_VERSION=''
PATH_SEPARATOR=':'
RANLIB='ranlib'
RANLIB_FOR_BUILD='$(RANLIB)'
RANLIB_FOR_TARGET='$(RANLIB)'
RAW_CXX_FOR_TARGET='$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B$$r/$(HOST_SUBDIR)/gcc -nostdinc++ -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/.libs'
READELF='readelf'
READELF_FOR_TARGET='$(READELF)'
RPATH_ENVVAR='LD_LIBRARY_PATH'
RUNTEST='runtest'
SED='/bin/sed'
SHELL='/bin/sh'
STRIP='strip'
STRIP_FOR_TARGET='$(STRIP)'
SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=''
TOPLEVEL_CONFIGURE_ARGUMENTS='../gcc-6.3.0/configure --prefix=/mnt --with-multilib --without-headers --disable-nls i686-elf --with-gmp=/build --with-mpc=/build --with-mpfr=/build'
WINDMC='windmc'
WINDMC_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDMC)'
WINDMC_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDMC)'
WINDRES='windres'
WINDRES_FOR_BUILD='$(WINDRES)'
WINDRES_FOR_TARGET='$(WINDRES)'
YACC='/gcc-6.3.0/missing bison -y'
ac_ct_CC='gcc'
ac_ct_CXX='g++'
bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
build='i686-pc-elf'
build_alias='i686-elf'
build_configargs=' --cache-file=./config.cache '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
build_configdirs=' libiberty libcpp fixincludes'
build_cpu='i686'
build_libsubdir='build-i686-elf'
build_noncanonical='i686-elf'
build_os='elf'
build_subdir='build-i686-elf'
build_tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-elf'
build_vendor='pc'
compare_exclusions='gcc/cc*-checksum$(objext) | gcc/ada/*tools/*'
configdirs=' intl libiberty zlib libbacktrace libcpp libdecnumber fixincludes gcc libcc1 lto-plugin'
datadir='${datarootdir}'
datarootdir='${prefix}/share'
do_compare='cmp --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2'
docdir='${datarootdir}/doc/${PACKAGE}'
dvidir='${docdir}'
exec_prefix='${prefix}'
extra_host_libiberty_configure_flags='--enable-shared'
extra_host_zlib_configure_flags=''
extra_isl_gmp_configure_flags=''
extra_liboffloadmic_configure_flags=''
extra_linker_plugin_configure_flags=''
extra_linker_plugin_flags=''
extra_mpc_gmp_configure_flags=''
extra_mpc_mpfr_configure_flags=''
extra_mpfr_configure_flags=''
gmpinc='-I/build/include -I/build/include -I/build/include '
gmplibs='-L/build/lib -L/build/lib -L/build/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp'
host='i686-pc-elf'
host_alias='i686-elf'
host_configargs=' --cache-file=./config.cache '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
host_cpu='i686'
host_noncanonical='i686-elf'
host_os='elf'
host_shared='no'
host_subdir='.'
host_vendor='pc'
htmldir='${docdir}'
includedir='${prefix}/include'
infodir='${datarootdir}/info'
islinc=''
isllibs=' -lisl'
islver='0.15'
libdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'
localedir='${datarootdir}/locale'
localstatedir='${prefix}/var'
mandir='${datarootdir}/man'
oldincludedir='/usr/include'
pdfdir='${docdir}'
poststage1_ldflags='-static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc'
poststage1_libs=''
prefix='/mnt'
program_transform_name='s,y,y,'
psdir='${docdir}'
sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
sharedstatedir='${prefix}/com'
stage1_cflags='-g'
stage1_checking='--enable-checking=yes,types'
stage1_languages='c,c++,lto'
stage1_ldflags=''
stage1_libs=''
stage2_werror_flag=''
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'
target='i686-pc-elf'
target_alias='i686-elf'
target_configargs='--cache-file=./config.cache --enable-multilib '\''--prefix=/mnt'\'' '\''--with-multilib'\'' '\''--without-headers'\'' '\''--disable-nls'\'' '\''--with-gmp=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpc=/build'\'' '\''--with-mpfr=/build'\'' '\''--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,java,lto,objc'\'' --program-transform-name='\''s,y,y,'\'' --disable-option-checking'
target_configdirs=' libgcc libbacktrace libstdc++-v3 libssp libquadmath libgfortran boehm-gc libffi zlib libjava libobjc'
target_cpu='i686'
target_noncanonical='i686-elf'
target_os='elf'
target_subdir='i686-elf'
target_vendor='pc'
tooldir='${exec_prefix}/i686-elf'

## File substitutions. ##

alphaieee_frag='/dev/null'
host_makefile_frag='/dev/null'
ospace_frag='/dev/null'
serialization_dependencies='serdep.tmp'
target_makefile_frag='/dev/null'

## ----------- ##
## confdefs.h. ##
## ----------- ##

/* confdefs.h */
#define PACKAGE_NAME ""
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
#define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
#define PACKAGE_URL ""
#define LT_OBJDIR ".libs/"

configure: exit 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:42 pm 

OK, that helps, thank you. My next questions are a) did you set the PATH and other environment variables to match the directories you are using for the cross-dev tools, and b) did you configure and build a separate binutils for your cross-development setup before configuring and building the cross-compiler itself?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:04 pm 

Schol-R-LEA wrote:
OK, that helps, thank you. My next questions are a) did you set the PATH and other environment variables to match the directories you are using for the cross-dev tools, and b) did you configure and build a separate binutils for your cross-development setup before configuring and building the cross-compiler itself?

Ok. So I am to build binutils FIRST and then gcc? No I hve not done that. These pages can be confusing even if you don't skip :) SO I compile binutils then build the gcc compiler. Would I have to build binutils again?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:41 pm 

Ok binutils compiled fine. I installed it into /mnt. didn't set any bash variables I suppose I can later. I used "--target=i686-elf". In the bin directory was created binary tools such as as,ld, the profiler, and so on. All with i686-elf in format. For example, i686-elf-ld. In that directory I have to use ./ to run them. So I guess an environment variable will need to be set. I also used --disable-libquadmath because I am not compiling or using fortran.