Note for OS X Lion users following the Cross Compiler entry

All about the OSDev Wiki. Discussions about the organization and general structure of articles and how to use the wiki. Request changes here if you don't know how to use the wiki.
Nathan

Note for OS X Lion users following the Cross Compiler entry

Post by Nathan »

After wasting 4 hours yesterday trying to get a version of the old apple-gcc that was included with the old Xcode without any success (most blogs have outdated information), I found the solution on a StackExchange answer. So, to make the life of other users easier I've edited the GCC_Cross-Compiler entry to include the link as a note.

Is that ok?
Owen

Re: Note for OS X Lion users following the Cross Compiler en

Post by Owen »

The better option on recent versions of OS X (which doesn't involve installing ancient versions of GCC) is to use Clang
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Oh! I didn't knew that was possible (at least it isn't in the cross-compiler entry). Is there any entry in the wiki about using clang instead of gcc?
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

Nathan wrote:Is there any entry in the wiki about using clang instead of gcc?

Clang and GCC are mostly compatible so it's not very different. As with every compiler, what you need to do is check the documentation for options to disable any OS or library-specific features.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics (1949)
[ Project UDI ]