OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Audit Wiki articles containing religious views?
Yes, That's fair and neutral.. 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
No, That's not neural as you may be advocating Atheism.. 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Death to the non-believers! *Burn Brynet-Inc! - Burn* 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
No opinion at all.. 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:48 pm 

Genesis would make a really cool name for a bootloader :P

GCS/M/MU d- s:- a--- C++++ UL P L++ E--- W+++ N+ w++ M- V+ PS+ Y+ PE- PGP t-- 5- X R- tv b DI-- D+ G e h! r++ y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:50 am 

i agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:56 am 

Brynet-Inc wrote:
@McGuire, Alright.. So Genesis means "In The Beginning", but it still doesn't make sense in that article.. beginning of what? explain that please.. without preaching.. :wink:

The beginning of a new world of OS development (at least for the OS coder): userland :D

Or...

The beginning of your port of newlib

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:51 am 
Site Admin

I'm always surprised at what the community finds to start discussing here. :) Religious discussions seem to be one of the major milestones of an online community no matter what the focus of the community. Pretty soon we'll hit Godwin's Law and we'll know we're really arrived ;)

Personally I wouldn't have written anything with religious references because I'm aware of how sensitive some people can be. But I don't really find the usage offensive the way it was done. I definitely don't want to see a religious theme going all through the wiki. I think any statement blessing or condoning a religion or religious group has no place here but this is more just a single authors style. If someone rewrites the articles to improve them technically and doesn't like the references then I don't think they need to be carried over but I don't think they must be edited out.

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster watch over us and guide us in this time of crisis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:02 pm 

senaus wrote:
Genesis would make a really cool name for a bootloader :P

As long as nobody makes me call it "Bereiyshis". I hate pronouncing Hebrew words in the Yiddish fashion. It's called "Breishit" you morons!

Hem-hem... :?

As one of the few actively religious people here (oh, hurrah, a fast day on Saturday...), I honestly don't give a damn. Call it Genesis, call it In the Beginning, call it The Start, call it Bombs on Your Moms. Just don't call it Bereiyshis, because that sounds awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:52 pm 

Quote:
This is a forum dedicated to hightech geeks who spend most of their life in front of a computer... Religion? I have to laugh.

(no offence meant and maybe i overdid it, but you get my point)

Yep I agree.

I lost the Religion idea when someone told me that there is an invisible man up in the sky, and if you do anything wrong he will send you to hell to live for ever in fiery demise. But he loves you. :roll:

-JL
P.S. Don't lock this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:45 pm 

piranha wrote:
I lost the Religion idea when someone told me that there is an invisible man up in the sky, and if you do anything wrong he will send you to hell to live for ever in fiery demise. But he loves you. :roll:

Not to start a religious war, but I must correct: You're very mistaken. The Christian thought is that God loves you, and sent His Son to save you. God will only send you to hell if you don't believe in Christ as your Savior.

C8H10N4O2 | #446691 | Trust the nodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 pm 

Alboin wrote:
God will only send you to hell if you don't believe in Christ as your Savior.

I hope they have air conditioning.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 pm 

Alboin wrote:
piranha wrote:

Not to start a religious war, but I must correct: You're very mistaken. The Christian thought is that God loves you, and sent His Son to save you. God will only send you to hell if you don't believe in Christ as your Savior.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

I have my own thoughts on these matters, but I saw what happened the last time someone (meaning me) raised religious matters on these boards. It wasn't pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:39 pm 

Crazed123 wrote:
Alboin wrote:
piranha wrote:

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

I have my own thoughts on these matters, but I saw what happened the last time someone (meaning me) raised religious matters on these boards. It wasn't pretty.

I'm sorry. I just can't find it in myself not to correct someone, especially when they are so far off on such matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:56 pm 

Quote:

Whatever, I really don't care. But this still doesn't sound sane.

-JL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:25 pm 

And you two better shut up about this before we get another 10-page flame war. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:34 pm 

Crazed123 wrote:
And you two better shut up about this before we get another 10-page flame war. :evil:

I didn't post anything else, did I? ;)

Relax.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:32 pm 

OK, I'll shut up then.

-JL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:28 am 

Quote:
DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

What does this, and "troll in the dungeons"... mean?
- Somebody had over-watched Harry Plotter I suppose :P

Quote:
The Christian thought is that God loves you, and sent His Son to save you. God will only send you to hell if you don't believe in Christ as your Savior.

Yeah, God sends Jesus to save you from the hell (did you know how it began from Adam and Eva and the "satan apple"?), and if you do not believe in Him, or you will break the 10 rules, you, after death, will be in "something" like hell, where all these souls are being tortured (...), but it is not a hell really. I have been told that if someone would pray for God for the died one, the human soul will be saved, or else hell awaits.
I have heard about paranormal actions in local news, before like 4 years, like

"[kitchen] flour accidentaly dropped on the floor and something draw-ed one big heart in it, followed by "handwriting" "I love you", or there was something weird happening at the room, where the 2 people died... like flashing lights, shadows, even strange voices, white "ghost" communicating with "family members", as complained by neighbours of the mysterious house (the family with the "cursed house" weren't surprised to see a "ghost" soul because they seen them many times already).... :shock: -> in one family house where 4 or 5 people died :shock:... eeh.

Or, for example, when some vandals would destroy the died-one's grave, the human soul would "inform it's human friends" that the soul "can'ŧ rest in peace" properly. Sorry as I can't say these thing properly :roll:
And, when my grandpa died, everyone from my family had a dream about my grandma being robbed. Weird :roll:

Maybe you would think I am some kind of psycho, schizophrenic or whatever, but I *believe* in those souls, who died early (for example, car crash etc.) and they want to say hello to living humans from flesh. But of course, it obviously must be scary to see someone's friend as a white floating soul. If you still think that I am a moron or something, watch the Fact and Fiction series. :)
But zombies, mutants, etc. -> all fake ;)

Okay I won't post here from now on... :lol:

Regards
inflater

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next