OS Specific toolchain - libgcc

All about the OSDev Wiki. Discussions about the organization and general structure of articles and how to use the wiki. Request changes here if you don't know how to use the wiki.
justin

OS Specific toolchain - libgcc

Post by justin »

I added the libgcc part to http://wiki.osdev.org/OS_Specific_Toolchain#GCC_2. I'd like someone more knowledgeable to check it before I steer someone wrong.
jnc100

Re: OS Specific toolchain - libgcc

Post by jnc100 »

I was under the impression libgcc would be built and installed automatically by the other commands in the tutorial (especially the make install-gcc one). It may be, however, that it was installed by the libstdc++ step instead, in which case your commands would be necessary for the situation where c++ is not used. It has been a while since I last ran through the tutorial from scratch. I need to do more testing I guess...

edit: it would appear the make all-target-libgcc step is required when not installing libstdc++. I am also making some changes to support a more recent version of the tools.

Regards,
John.
qw

Post by qw »

True. Maybe it was different in older versions, but libgcc is included in the all-gcc and install-gcc targets. No all-target-libgcc or install-target-libgcc is needed afaik.
jnc100

Post by jnc100 »

I just tried it in 4.7.0 (haven't tried it in any versions between 4.2.1 and 4.7.0) and libgcc wasn't built in the make all-gcc step, so I'll let it stand for now as it is unlikely to cause any harm.

Regards,
John.