Code Snippets

Questions, comments, and suggestions about this site should go here.
matthias

Code Snippets

Post by matthias »

Isn't it a good idea for osdev.org to add a code snippets section where people can share code with eachoter.

So someone posts a snippet and another one can comment it and togheter we can optimize the snippet and we can all use the optimized version, so building an OS will get easier with pre-made code, though I must admit it is more fun to code it yourself. I think 'noobs' will love it too ;)

I have some code I would like to show to others and I'd like them to comment it. If more people are interested we could make such a section.

Good idea?
The source of my problems is in the source.
chase
Site Admin
Libera.chat IRC: chase_osdev
Discord: chase/matt.heimer

Post by chase »

OSDev specific code snippets right? What about just adding the code snippets to the wiki? For example a page about A20 would have a human readable description/history/purpose first and then code snippets.
matthias

Post by matthias »

chase wrote:OSDev specific code snippets right? What about just adding the code snippets to the wiki? For example a page about A20 would have a human readable description/history/purpose first and then code snippets.
For example, yes. I think it is a good idea to provide code in the wiki, but they have to be conform a set of rules.
The source of my problems is in the source.