LowLevel.eu inactive?

Questions, comments, and suggestions about this site should go here.
Yokuldreki

LowLevel.eu inactive?

Post by Yokuldreki »

Hey, everybody, this is my first post on OSDev.org,

(sorry for my bad english) and I want to ask your community, if lowlevel.eu ( German Osdev Forum/Wiki),
is still active. The last posts in the Wiki are from 2012?, so I wonder, if there are still german people, sharing their great knowledge with OSdev-newbies like me

Thanks for replies,

Yokuldreki :D
Love4Boobies

Re: LowLevel.eu inactive?

Post by Love4Boobies »

Welcome. Well, if you say there has been no activity on that Web site then you have answered your own question. Regardless, if I had to choose between an English-speaking community and one that used my native language, I'd go for the English one everytime because I could interact with a lot more people. English is the lingua franca of engineering. Most books, papers, and documentation is published in English and most everyone uses it. Although your English doesn't look bad, I recommend you practice if you are not yet comfortable with it.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics (1949)
[ Project UDI ]
Yokuldreki

Post by Yokuldreki »

I asked this question, because I hoped there would be some german authors in this forum.
Of course I already use the english Wiki, it's more detailed, but it was quiete nice if Lowlevel.eu, the only german OSDev Wiki, would be continued.

Regards,

Yokuldreki
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

There are two other German members in this community that I personally know of but there are no doubt plenty more that I don't know of. Why do you think having multiple, isolated communities is better than having a bigger community, where more people can share ideas?
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics (1949)
[ Project UDI ]
Yokuldreki

Post by Yokuldreki »

I don't think so, I was just wondering, why the owner of the website still hosts it, although almost knowbody
writes in there.

Regards,

Yokuldreki
AlgorithMan

Post by AlgorithMan »

It seems the site is now down. :(
Yokuldreki

Post by Yokuldreki »

Yeah, it seems like the content has been deleted...