Spamhaus spam marking

Questions, comments, and suggestions about this site should go here.
uzytkownik

Spamhaus spam marking

Post by uzytkownik »

I'm using dynamic IP. It turned out (as the forum informed) that the IP was blacklisted. It was listed in:
- PBL (correctly - it's dynamic IP). After reconnecting it seems to work so I assume it is not blocked
- XBL (someone who previously used it had to use windows and no antivirus)

Spamhaus seems to be designed to fight email spam. Virus which spam forums are not likely to spam email. Could the capatcha be used in such case?
chase
Site Admin

Re: Spamhaus spam marking

Post by chase »

Was it this forum that blocked your ip?
If so, send me the ip address that was blocked.

Email spam and forum spam aren't that far apart so I can see the same ip address being used to generate both.
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

I sent it by pm (privacy). However I'm not using it anymore and the original user is unlikly to use it (its dynamic ip).
uzytkownik

Post by uzytkownik »

Other ip blocked. To be honest - it is quite annoying to have to restart ppp daemon on different machine just because I want to send a post.

IMHO there is an important difference betwean forum spam and mail spam. While the normal mail is rarly send on machines with dynamic ip the forum posts usually are. Therefore per-ip blocking is missing the point.
Creature

Post by Creature »

I had the same problem yesterday and the day before. I got a remark about my IP being blacklisted for some reason. It seems to be gone today.
When the chance of succeeding is 99%, there is still a 50% chance of that success happening.
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

I started having the same problem with another ISP some time ago. It used dynamic IPs, and all of a sudden a whole range of IPs were blocked (i.e. none that I ever got worked for this forum). Check out this post.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.", Popular Mechanics (1949)
[ Project UDI ]
chase
Site Admin

Post by chase »

Probably has nothing to do with Spamhaus or any email spamming. If this happens to you just email your username, ip address, and ban message you received to myself or another mod.