OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: [Job Opening as System Engineer] Microkernel, TEE, Firmware
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:56 am 

Dear OSDevs!

I am happy to announce that Gapfruit [1] is looking OS developers. You can check out the full details here [2].

Quote:
Gapfruit builds the operating system for environments where security, safety, and privacy matter. We bring recognized academic systems research to real-world products.

Gapfruit answers the following question:
How can we prove the trustworthiness of a product?

Gapfruit OS is a microkernel operating system with capability-based security. We offer unprecedented customizable Trusted Execution Environments for the high-end banking sector with an easy-to-use API. Gapfruit TEE proves that a certain output was generated from a specific input, executed at a specific time with specific code.

Gapfruit is expanding its technology to the IoT/EDGE market, and ultimately to anywhere a resilient operating system is needed. Gapfruit is seeking engineers at nearly every level of the software stack. From firmware to device drivers, protocol stacks, microkernels, hypervisors, higher-level management software, and integration with cloud environments.

You have an affinity for designing computer systems that matter. You most likely have done work in C/C++ on Linux, the Genode Framework, or real-time operating systems. You know your way around Git and CI/CD environments. You have a desire to go deep into gnarly systems problems. While you love playing with new technologies, you are comfortable taking ownership of robust feature design and implementation. You long for a team with open and inclusive ideals. You enjoy working with and contributing to open source communities. You appreciate diversity and nurture a culture of openness and collaboration. You understand the discrepancy between security and safety-critical systems. You may even have developed safety/mission-critical software using ADA/SPARK and done formal verification. You know the concepts of PKI and capability-based security. You see the value of modern package management systems such as Nix or Guix. You are interested in trusted computing concepts and dealing with TPM's.

The nature of the problems we're solving favors candidates with experience. However, we are open to entry-level engineers who feel motivated to be a part of building the next generation of trustworthy systems. While we prefer on-site in Zug, Switzerland, we also support remote work.

Gapfruit is a well-funded, early-stage deep tech company established in 2018.

It has been a little more than a year that I have joined. A fun anecdote is that I first discovered Gapfruit through a post on this forum!

To give you an idea of what it is like (but not limited to), here is a quick overview of what I did during last year:
- Some drivers: i2c controller, SPI controller, eMMC, RTC for an NXP arm_v8 SoC
- Ported and integrate, WolfTPM library
- I contribute to make access to our product easier, by providing a docker image that embedded our TEE scenario when build with Linux. To be used by developers who are willing to develop apps for it.
- I did help to extend the existing ssh_server to support SFTP (using the ported libssh)
- Finally, I am currently working on a TPM CRB interface driver for x86_64 intel i7 8th gen CPU. Eventually smashing my head ](*,) because of some ACPI tables related stuff...

Another cool dimension is that when possible we open-source components that we wrote, for example the i2c_drv went open source [3]!

I hope that it would catch your interest!

Cheers,
-vania

[1] https://www.gapfruit.com/references
[2] https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2947974225
[3]https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/32169cd137a7762713d49232f294c3f95d39256d

Post subject: Re: [Job Opening as System Engineer] Microkernel, TEE, Firmw
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:51 pm 

No one replied so I will do.
Wish you the best, stay in the path !

Devc1,