OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: YoYo ARM Project
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm 

Hello, I'm Java and C software engineer which is working in market from years. I'm collecting a team of people that will make with me the commercial Unix-like OS on ARM processors. I will be a kernel designer just because I'm software engineer. We want to maintain 100% compatibility with Windows's programs. I know that will be hard but possible. More information will be on my skype: grzegorz8344. Write to me as fast as possible. The term that we can start doing this project will be I think 20th June this year.

Cheers, gjm

Post subject: Re: YoYo ARM Project
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:51 pm 

Funny, if your goal is making 100% Windows compatible OS, then WTF your OS needs to be "Unix-like"? Like why? This is something from "we don't seek for easy ways"?)))

I am working now on my own OS exactly on this frigging ARM, both 64 and 32 bit. But 1) the goal of being a 100% compatible OS with such a complex program set as Windows is, is UNFEASIBLE. ReactOS sucks on this for more than 2 decades now. and 2) I am not a Unix fan. Like at all. :mrgreen: But I wish you success! It's so good to see someone took a look at something else other than x86. It's so so so boring to see all these "triple fault GDT, CS, protected mode, VGA not working qemu...". :lol: Good luck!

In fact, in some far future, my OS is gonna be opposite to what you wanna do. It's NT-like but having POSIX-kind-of-compliant environment subsystem. This choice was motivated because I love NT and because there is a lot of available POSIX implementations, so that my OS, if succeeds, wouldn't be left without programs to run.

What the boards you've chosen as targets? Don't only tell that RPi! :lol: