OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: LibFalcon
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:12 am 

NOTE: I already posted this in the general programming forum, because LibFalcon is a library, but now I reallise this forum is more appropriate for this topic :D
-------------------
Can somebody please help me for testing http://www.github.com/warmachine2002/LibFalcon?? LibFalcon is a dead simple C library to be linked with kernels.. It provides nearly all string and memory functions, and some port I/O functions. I just want testers to give their feedback on the implementations, what can be added, and how could it be optimized.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: LibFalcon
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:32 am 

Have a look at PDCLib. For one, it does basically the same thing as LibFalcon... not that I want to discourage you, but there's previous work done in this area, and PDCLib is by no means the first / best / largest.

Then there's the testing. I wrote each function in its own implementation file, and added a conditionally-compiled main() function to each. This way, you can compile the functions -- without the main() -- into the library proper, or compile each individual source file -- with the test main() -- into an executable. A successful test run will return success, a failure the number of tests failed.

Perhaps you can adapt some of that to LibFalcon.

Some functions, of course, cannot really be tested in a meaningful way without some major dummy / driver effort...