OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Job openings: LGS Innovations is hiring engineers/devs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:53 pm 

LGS Innovations is currently hiring 150+ technical positions, ranging from embedded system developers to GUI designers: http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers/job-openings

LGS is a ~1000 person engineering company that was formerly a part of Bell Labs. We have labs in Florham Park, New Jersey, Westminster, Colorado, Herndon, Virginia and Tampa, Florida.

I am an embedded system engineer with LGS and although strictly speaking we don't do operating system development, we do a lot of engineering that relies on those same skills. For example, one of my current projects involves writing a cooperative multitasking environment for PIC microcontrollers that supports nested interrupts, another includes modifying Linux kernel modules to manipulate proprietary hardware, and yet another involves writing an ACPI AML parser for UEFI. Based on my experience on osdev, there are a lot of folks here that would fit a lot of positions with us.

Common themes in many of our projects are the use of embedded processors, FPGAs, SoCs, small SWaP board design, embedded Linux, wireless signal analysis and processing, integration of commercial technology with custom embedded platforms, designing comms protocols, and interfacing microcontrollers with FPGAs and other hardware.

A random sampling of current open positions:

All positions require US citizenship. Many positions can be performed at any LGS location.

Even if you don't see a position that's a perfect match, feel free to submit a resume, as our posted job reqs sometimes lag behind our needs.

If you are interested or want to learn more, shoot me a private message through the forum and I'll provide my email address. I can submit resumes directly into the internal system on behalf of interested people, which gets them a direct call from recruiting.

http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers/job-openings