OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
pillow

Re: OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Post by pillow »

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Osbios

Post by Osbios »

After I carefully surveyed this case with my lawyers we established the view it would financial not worthwhile to to pursue everybody that did copy, read or use or may have the intention to copy, read or use or may have the knowledge that somebody else does have the intention to copy, read or use my Intellectual Property in any way and did not notify the authorises about it.

The solution most advantageous for all involved parties is to create a Intellectual Property enhancement compensation in form of a monthly payment to one of my Swiss bank accounts by all individuals that may copy, read or use or may have the intention to copy, read or use or may have the knowledge that somebody else does have the intention to copy, read or use my Intellectual Property. Individuals that participate on the Intellectual Property enhancement compensation get a 30 Day License to copy, read or use my Intellectual Property. This License can be revoked by me at any time. You agree to this terms by reading this sentence.

This writing was created automatically and therefore is valid without a signature.

OK, copyright Nazi Theologies aside, all my contributions to the osdev wiki can be used as you wish. :)
palk

Post by palk »

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
OrOS

Post by OrOS »

tharkun

Post by tharkun »

Bellezza

Post by Bellezza »

mariuszp

Post by mariuszp »

Lionel
Freenode IRC: ryanel

Post by Lionel »

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0 unless otherwise stated in the document.
bubach

Post by bubach »

I thought this was a no-brainer, are you seriously going to try and locate everybody that has contributed? :/
I even think the old FAQ had some note about it being PD? It's kind of sad really, how everyone scared shitless about being sued one way or another, you can't even assume that an open wiki contains free content... :roll:

Anyway, I'm sure you already talked about it and either way my opinion won't matter, so good luck with this and ofc:

i release any minor edits and contributions added under cc0.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
http://bos.asmhackers.net/ - GitHub
Combuster
Freenode IRC: [com]buster
Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance

Post by Combuster »

bubach wrote:I thought this was a no-brainer, are you seriously going to try and locate everybody that has contributed?
I don't try; I have a list :D
"Certainly avoid yourself. He is a newbie and might not realize it. You'll hate his code deeply a few years down the road." - Sortie
[ My OS ] [ VDisk/SFS ]
mrkotfw

Post by mrkotfw »

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
GAT

Post by GAT »

d3: virtualizing kernel in progress
https://github.com/WizardOfHaas/d3/
Ariethenor

Post by Ariethenor »

Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Now is the winter of my disk content.
JamesHarris

Post by JamesHarris »

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
--
James Harris