OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
SpyderTL

Re: OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Post by SpyderTL »

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Project: OZone
Source: GitHub
Current Task: LIB/OBJ file support
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." - Montgomery Scott
TheInquisitive1

Post by TheInquisitive1 »

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions (future, as I am new to this place) to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Ztane

Post by Ztane »

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
arseniuss

Post by arseniuss »

To lead the way, I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Hobby stuff (suckless libs, compilators, game engines, kernels): github. Work @ zabbix: arseniuss@zabbix
phillid

Post by phillid »

Geez, I've been a member here for 2 years now, about time I did this :oops:

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
phillid - Newbie-ish operating system developer with a toy OS on the main burner
bubach

Post by bubach »

phillid wrote:Geez, I've been a member here for 2 years now, about time I did this :oops:
I hereby declare.......

The only people that needs to post this are old members that contributed to the wiki before the licence change.
Seriously - I wonder how many posts in this thread are totally irrelevant? Maybe it's time to lock
this, haven't everybody involved in the old wiki signed off on the new licence already?
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
http://bos.asmhackers.net/ - GitHub
Combuster
Freenode IRC: [com]buster
Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance

Post by Combuster »

Well, There's still quite a few signatures missing from the checklist. Yet, I can only keep so many PMs at once posted and have neglected that task a bit recently due to other sources of stress and haven't even reached the actual bottom of the list.

But yea, the most recent posters here have implicitly agreed with the CC0 license because their contributions were all added after the adjusted license statement. There'll still be the annoying job of going through all the missing signatures and replace whatever work is still there. And of course that's not that kind of fun task I'm looking forward to :(.

I don't think a lock would be warranted until the show is completely over - people might still come in and save us further work, but I agree there isn't much of a reason left anymore to stick it up there with the global announcements.
"Certainly avoid yourself. He is a newbie and might not realize it. You'll hate his code deeply a few years down the road." - Sortie
[ My OS ] [ VDisk/SFS ]
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

I haven't visited since 2010 :cry:, but now here I am:

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
"Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice."
df

Post by df »

I doubt there is anything left I ever did in the faq/wiki but;

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Owen

Post by Owen »

df wrote:I doubt there is anything left I ever did in the faq/wiki but;

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

As "custodian" yours is probably the acknowledgement which counts on behalf of the anonymous contributions which came from there (if any remain)
ApproximateIdentity

Post by ApproximateIdentity »

I guess since I just created an account to make a change to the wiki, I better do this too... :)

P.S. This site is totally awesome! Though I do worry that my scatter-brain can't get work done as efficiently now... ;)
blanham

Post by blanham »

max
Freenode IRC: maxdev

Post by max »

Not sure if I contributed anything at all.. but I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0. :)
blankety

Post by blankety »

In the unlikely event that maybe one day I might contribute something useful...

deleted

Post by deleted »