OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: ARM about to standardize boot
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:59 pm 

@Kzinti: I believe @zaval is talking to you. He is saying that you're a liar because the MBR+FAT32 image you created is not supposed to work on SD cards in the first place. Obviously both of you can't be right, but please move your debate somewhere else. This topic is about ARM SystemReady.

Thanks,
bzt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:04 pm 

bzt.exe stopped working. :D I responded to you, answering your question. The quote was about SDXC card. If you "didn't" get. :) There are the same about SDSC and SDHC. But you cannot just take the fact, right? Or just silently go and read what you asked about? okay, keep writing, I think now everybody saw enough. This thread should be locked honestly, because from the beginning it was a dead end. Or renamed at least: "yet another bzt misunderstanding of things, he hates and a lot of wrong conclusions, made on that background".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:13 pm 

bzt wrote:
Obviously both of you can't be right,

We both are saying the same thing. You are wrong. You do not need an ESP to get UEFI to boot. For legacy reasons, UEFI supports MBR with normal FAT partitions. Hell you even pointed to it in the spec yourself. There is no need for an ESP.

Your problem is that you think that a normal FAT32 partition on an MBR disk is an ESP. It is not. When we point this out to you, you go full trolling mode.

bzt wrote:
but please move your debate somewhere else. This topic is about ARM SystemReady.

I can only reply to your trolling in the threads where you troll. If you want to talk about ARM SystemReady, then do so. Nobody is stopping you. You are the one derailing your own threads over and over.