Re:SVGA question

All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
Candy

Post by Candy »

mr0b wrote:You were right Candy...errm...is Gay :D

It's amazing how much you learn about yourself on the internet... I'll inform my girlfriend.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hi,

Candy wrote:

It's amazing how much you learn about yourself on the internet... I'll inform my girlfriend.

Makes me wonder if "Dex4u" knows his name has changed - I'd assume if he changed it himself that he'd be smart enough to register a new member...

@Candy: Does this mean you're a female or just generally happy? ::)

Cheers,

Brendan
For all things; perfection is, and will always remain, impossible to achieve in practice. However; by striving for perfection we create things that are as perfect as practically possible. Let the pursuit of perfection be our guide.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Brendan wrote:Hi,

Candy wrote:

Makes me wonder if "Dex4u" knows his name has changed - I'd assume if he changed it himself that he'd be smart enough to register a new member...

Send him a privmsg. You still send it to Dex4u. Moderators can't access your account (of course).
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hi,

Candy wrote:Send him a privmsg. You still send it to Dex4u. Moderators can't access your account (of course).

I was thinking more along the lines of a hacker getting direct access to the MySQL server somehow - it seems very unlikely, but "Dex4u" deliberately making "potentially offensive" changes without even trying to cover his tracks doesn't sound too likely to me either, especially as the "target" is one of the most respected members of this forum.

Either way it's unusual - I hope it wasn't a hacker, but I hope it wasn't deliberate too...

[Edit] Doh! My fault - I haven't been reading the "General and Everything-Else(tm)" forum, and seem to have missed a few things... [/edit]

Cheers,

Brendan
For all things; perfection is, and will always remain, impossible to achieve in practice. However; by striving for perfection we create things that are as perfect as practically possible. Let the pursuit of perfection be our guide.
distantvoices

Post by distantvoices »

Yeah, that little ... *well, i restrain myself because I do actually know how to behave* ... has indeed ressorted to throwing a tantrum. Yeah. A virtual tantrum. Lack of argumentation as I see it. *gg* Using this way to protest or so looks like him in my opinion. He isn't the most stable and calm guy around.

Let's give him some time to cool down. Lo(o?)sing is something one has to learn, after all.

@Brendan: it doesn't matter, honestly. a man 's got more around his ears than digging for each and every thread which might resolve hidden riddles.
... the osdever formerly known as beyond infinity ...
BlueillusionOS iso image
Candy

Post by Candy »

Sorry to do so, but this is in fact again offtopic. It's going to off-topic therefore...

Dex: If you're reading this, there are very good reasons why your opinion about this forum is largely correct. One, if you keep making offtopic or rude comments, you'll be moderated quite heavily. Two, this forum is about Sierra programming and OS development. Note, that second one is NOT assembly development. You can therefore expect a lot more OS discussions than assembly discussions.

[edit] Mental note: next time I say something's going to off-topic, remind myself to actually do it too [/edit]
distantvoices

Post by distantvoices »

no problem with that :-)

have a nice weekend.
... the osdever formerly known as beyond infinity ...
BlueillusionOS iso image
dc0d32

Post by dc0d32 »

just curious

if ever he himself has done that [quite probable]
how could he do that? is this server that unsecure?
DennisCGc

Post by DennisCGc »

No, you can change your name in the profile section.
bubach

Post by bubach »

After i saw his namechange the first thing i did was to check the profile section, i'm pretty surprised that some of you suspected something else...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
http://bos.asmhackers.net/ - GitHub
Candy

Post by Candy »

prashant wrote:just curious

if ever he himself has done that [quite probable]
how could he do that? is this server that unsecure?

Users can change their displayed name easily. They can't change their registered name, which is what you send a privmsg to. Try sending him a privmsg, you'll see it's still Dex4u.