OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Why was I temp banned and by whom?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:33 pm 

I want to know who temp banned me and on what ground?

As far as I know, I did not broke any of forum rules. The ban message only said "Please consider a visit to a psychologist", which proves my innocence as it is actually just a poor personal insult attempt (probably unknowingly extrapolating the admin's own mental problems).
Let's be honest here, if there were a valid reason for the ban then they should have no issues about telling that instead of trying to insult me.

Considering that
1. there's evidence that a particular admin accused me falsely on multiple occassions already
2. I got a warning from the said admin without any explanation (!) nor any reason (in fact, I wasn't posting at all for days before the warning), and
3. I did not get any answer to my PMs about why I got the warning, furthermore
4. my topic about it was unanswered too and just got silently deleted (probably because others labelled the admin's action insane and "kafkaesque"), and now
5. this temp ban with this hilarious message and without any evidence of me breaking any rules
suggests that someone is very likely abusing their admin right. AGAIN. Sadly wouldn't be the first time happening on this forum :-( :-( :-(

Banning me for this post would just prove bad intentions, but I do not assume the worst of you, so I'm just asking politely and waiting for your honest answer:

why did you do it?

If I indeed broke any of the forum rules, I want to know which one and in which post so that I can learn from it.

Have a nice day,
bzt

Post subject: Re: Why was I temp banned and by whom?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:15 am 

Two weeks passed without any explanation. PMs left unanswered too.
Since you can't answer "why did you do it", I believe at a very minimum an apology is in order, don't you think? Both for the ban and for the attempted insult.

I'm expecting an apology from you, dear abusive moderator,
bzt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:00 pm 

Speaking as a user who as seen bzt make positive changes, I am uncomfortable with the lack of explanation in particular.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:09 pm 

I do feel the mods should say something, but considering the tone expressed here, I can't blame them to much for not responding. Looking objectively sometimes helps on both sides.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 pm 

Trying to express yourself kindly often gets better results, yes. It's not easy, but can be good.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 pm 

I restrict my moderation activities to dealing with the significant amount of spam we collect in the moderation queue and have avoided directly dealing with disputes between current users, so I hope you will accept me as a neutral arbiter with access to the audit logs. I can neither confirm nor deny the contents of the message that was sent to you alongside your ban, as this information is not made available in the audit log - moderators are presented two fields to enter reasons for bans, one which is presented to the user and one which is stored in the log and visible to other moderators.

You were issued several warnings by both the moderator who eventually enacted your latest ban and others. In the last year, you have been the subject of over twenty separate user-reported messages. You have been told on multiple occasions that your attitude, verbiage, and general demeanor were in violation of the rules - particularly rule #7 which is summarized as please try to behave. You have demonstrated a keen ability to misinterpret others' posts, to the point where I have seen you engage in fights with users who were agreeing with you. That your continued disregard for civility has only resulted in a handful of short temp-bans is, frankly, a testament to the patience and mercy of the moderation team.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:24 am 

klange wrote:
has only resulted in a handful of short temp-bans is, frankly, a testament to the patience and mercy of the moderation team.

I know! This guy has been given so many chances!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:41 am 

nexos wrote:
I do feel the mods should say something, but considering the tone expressed here
What is your problem with the tone? There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and may I suggest if you were banned without any explanation you wouldn't be as calm as I am and you wouldn't be able to write such an objective summary of the situation.

klange wrote:
You were issued several warnings
That's not true. I was given only one warning without any explanation nor any links to a post in which I allegedly violated any of the rules. My PMs as well as my topic about it left unanswered (even deleted!), so you can't say I was given a fair and clear warning.

klange wrote:
In the last year, you have been the subject of over twenty separate user-reported messages.
In the last year I was constantly attacked by certain forum members without reason and in a uncivilized manner. Are you talking about them reporting me?
Yes, there are people trying to provoke fights with me without success and when they fail then they try to paint me black. We have seen that several times, nothing new about that.

klange wrote:
You have been told on multiple occasions that your attitude, verbiage, and general demeanor were in violation of the rules
And every time when I ask please show me at least one of my posts in which I violated the rules there's only crickets. Even now, you haven't linked a post in which I wasn't polite or objective, yet you're trying to accuse me.

klange wrote:
I have seen you engage in fights
Excuse me, where? Please provide links to my posts in which I was "fighting" as you say. I'm 100% sure I've only participated in technical discussions, I've never called anybody by names, never lost my temper and I have always backed up my statements with evidence and tons of links to the sources. I never answer to attempted attacks either, see for yourself. Even now I'm calm and polite with you despite of the fact you're trying to falsely accusing me without any proof nor evidence.

Cheers,
bzt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:27 am 

bzt wrote:
Ok, I ask again, this time slowly so that you can understand

Isn't very kind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:57 pm 

bzt wrote:
klange wrote:
You were issued several warnings
That's not true. I was given only one warning without any explanation nor any links to a post in which I allegedly violated any of the rules. My PMs as well as my topic about it left unanswered (even deleted!), so you can't say I was given a fair and clear warning.
You were warned in June, with a very clear description of the unwanted behavior, over a month before your latest ban. You were warned two years ago, again with a detailed description. You were banned five years ago, twice, for the exact same reason. You have had the most "fair and clear" warning of anyone on this site.

bzt wrote:
klange wrote:
In the last year, you have been the subject of over twenty separate user-reported messages.
In the last year I was constantly attacked by certain forum members without reason and in a uncivilized manner. Are you talking about them reporting me?
Yes, there are people trying to provoke fights with me without success and when they fail then they try to paint me black. We have seen that several times, nothing new about that.
No, I am not talking about either nexos or zaval. Your reported messages have been submitted by a wide array of active users.

bzt wrote:
klange wrote:
You have been told on multiple occasions that your attitude, verbiage, and general demeanor were in violation of the rules
And every time when I ask please show me at least one of my posts in which I violated the rules there's only crickets. Even now, you haven't linked a post in which I wasn't polite or objective, yet you're trying to accuse me.
I am not going to sit here and compile a list of all the times you were an @$$, and there is a reason why some of your posts appear to have been deleted.

bzt wrote:
klange wrote:
I have seen you engage in fights
Excuse me, where? Please provide links to my posts in which I was "fighting" as you say. I'm 100% sure I've only participated in technical discussions, I've never called anybody by names, never lost my temper and I have always backed up my statements with evidence and tons of links to the sources. I never answer to attempted attacks either, see for yourself. Even now I'm calm and polite with you despite of the fact you're trying to falsely accusing me without any proof nor evidence.
You're doing it right now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:23 pm 

klange wrote:
No, I am not talking about either nexos or zaval.

Well, I certainly am not trying to troll anyone here, I'm just plain annoyed with the way this whole thing has gone down. I know I report him all the time, simple because I am plain frustrated with this situation. From now on, I think the best plan of action for me would be to stop responding to him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:46 pm 

lol, good job, eekee, you couldn't just keep babbling about Plan 9, you had to drag this stinky thread out. =D> :mrgreen: <- this is a friendly joke and not "personal attack", just in case.

just a note for clarity, since my name was mentioned - I reported that person only a couple of times and only after he went totally nuts and started to duplicate his misleading threads, screaming loudly at everyone, opposing him, that he "reported them". I was "okay, I also can report, you know". I am not a "reporter", :D what I wanted to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:05 pm 

@klange: I'm thankful for the additional detail. I understand now.

zaval wrote:
lol, good job, eekee, you couldn't just keep babbling about Plan 9, you had to drag this stinky thread out. =D> :mrgreen: <- this is a friendly joke and not "personal attack", just in case.

I'm terrible, I know! :mrgreen: :lol: I don't think I've ever reported anyone, except perhaps a spammer once, but I do tend to just tune out when things get confusing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:15 am 

I have never reported any of bzts posts, although I've had many, many opportunities to do so. Frankly, bzt, if I were you, I would be grateful that the forum is even allowing you to be a member at all. You've got to be the luckiest forum member I've ever seen on any forum I've been a member of. I have never seen anybody get as many chances as you have as were outlined previously. If this were *any* other forum, you would've been permabanned ages ago and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.
TBH, this is not an inquisition so that you can complain about how your ban was unfair. The mods undoubtedly have ample proof that show your guiltiness on this matter, and the search function will provide anyone who goes digging evidence as well. If you want to show us that your innocent, you've got to prove it, just like anybody else. You have changed somewhat; you have tried to learn regarding some matters. However, on many others you have not changed at all and there is a consistent pattern of you engaging in verbal combat unnecessarily, and then not backing down when requested to and only escalating matters. The fact that you are still a member of this forum at all is something you should be quite thankful for. Instead of complaining about temporary bans that you rightly deserved, I strongly encourage you to alter your behaviour. Demanding evidence for allegations made against you -- allegations that are trivial to prove via a forum search -- and attempting to alter the narrative to make yourself look like the victim is not going to help your case, nor is it going to gain you any favours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am 

klange wrote:
You were warned in June, with a very clear description
That's a clear-cut lie. There were no explanation at all, and all my questions were unanswered. If you don't understand that, then you are part of the problem.
klange wrote:
You were warned two years ago, again with a detailed description. You were banned five years ago, twice, for the exact same reason.
Lies. I was only banned once, by Brendan, who was admittedly abusing his admin rights, and banned not just me, but Solar too for example.
klange wrote:
You have had the most "fair and clear" warning of anyone on this site.
Then why don't you link any of my posts? Why wasn't any reason in the warning nor in the ban message?
klange wrote:
You're doing it right now!
So if I understand your argument here correctly, this means you admitted you are the one provoking fights and violating the rules? Because I just answered to YOUR post, no-one else's (and in a polite manner, btw).

Cheers,
bzt

ps: FYI, I've reported you for spreading lies and provoking fights, have a nice day!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next