OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: SMG240's Message Board
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:29 pm 
As a new part of my growing web page...I have developed a message board...even if you dont post anything...look at it, and register so i can have an idea of who all has come!

http://users.boardnation.com/~smartguy240/index.php

Questins or Comments reply to this

PLEASE...humor me...I have spent HOURS on this!

SMG240

Post subject: Re:SMG240's Message Board
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:23 pm 
Why do we need another AGI/SCI board? We have plenty already. More than 1, unless they serve some purpose other than agi/sci discussion, is a waste of time and spreads out useful information across many sites.

Even Brian eventually decided to migrate his original SCI to Mega-tokyo.

Another thing, why do you have so many groups? Until you start getting regular members, why not combine and reduce the number of groups? the reason why I mention this is because it's a pain in the @$$ to read three different groups just to find one new message in each.

- Nick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:41 pm 
Nagi's right.

And you should remove Rich/Icabod Jokes board to prevent hurting Rich's feelings and prevent to finish fq2.

Robin Gravel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:27 am 
I agree and disagree with Nick. I agree that there doesn't need to be another AGI/SCI board because this is THE board for both. I do however think that there isn't a problem with having a board that has a AGI/SCI topic. Since this could generate traffic for this site...at least so long as the person that maintains that board puts a sticky topic that directs people here as the main source. I set up an adventure game creation section on my forum so that people can discuss not only AGI and SCI but, AGS as well as any other adventure game engine that they use. My board and SMG240's board will bring traffic here from other sources. For example, people will come to my site for electronic music, discover my message board where they will discover AGI or SCI or AGS or whatever, and then go to the PROPER message board. I do however see your point in spreading traffic too thin. We the moderators should make sure that traffic is properly pointed here when the time comes.

later,
-junc ;D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:25 pm 
Ok Guys....did you even read what i wrote...no you didnt or else you just didnt comprehend what i said.

This is an Extention to my web page... in case you havent been following what i have been doing check out SMG's Website...GO THERE!!!! ...

i dont mean this rudely but i really can make/do whatever i want with my webpage! It is just something i am doing in my free time!

Dont get sour at me guys! I am still SMG240...just with a website/MB!

Later ;)

SMG240

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:32 pm 
smartguy240 wrote:
This is an Extention to my web page...

Hi smartguy240

I heard the same story from Chris Cromer.
After all, I have my own board for my site too.

Robin Gravel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:36 pm 
Ok just wanted to make that clear before everyone stated killing me for no reason ::)

SMg240

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:10 pm 
I just typed this big long response and then my computer went poo!

and I cried. ::)

Anyway, it was something about, you asked for our comments, I was more replying to Nick, and that those of us that do have message boards with SCI/AGI topics should make sure we let people know about this one for the "betterment of the community". My intention wasn't to tell YOU what to do with YOUR message board. Sorry if it seemed like an attack. It wasn't at all...just a opinion as to what we ALL should do. :P

later,
junc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:17 pm 
Hey man it is cool...

SMG240

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:54 am 
hey you're allowed to do whatever you want with your site.. that's cool

I'm also allowed to say whether or not I think it's a bad idea. Doesn't mean I can force you do to anything about it.

- Nick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:11 pm 
yah, i got the same response from everyone with my board. ::)

i understand now though, that we dont need anything else, but its fine just for fun!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:13 pm 
yeah i am invitng a bunch of freinds from school to join it...

I am putting on boards to fit them too!

Smg240