OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: VERY IMPORTANT!!!!EVERYONE READ THIS!!!! IT COULD SAVE YOUR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:09 pm 
I heard this rumor a while ago. i am not sure if it is true, but its good to know. i heard that someone was at dunkin donuts and there was an arab guy in front of her. the man was short on money and couldnt pay what he ordered, so the woman gave him the extra money. the man said, "since you helped me, i will help you." he said,"dont drink coke"

i heard starting oct 2, (tommorow) terrorists are going to poison coke or something. i am not trying to scare anyone, i am just warning. i am not going to drink any. but just to let everyone safe, i wanted to tell everyone. this is NOT a joke or lie. i heard this in school and by my cousins. take this seriously. I may have just saved your life.

But as innocent people, i think we should share this with everyone, to maybe save their lives too. i am not sure if this is true, this is what i heard. but please take it seriously. I dont want any other deaths from terrorists. those dirty bastards!!!! >:( >:(

Post subject: Re:VERY IMPORTANT!!!!EVERYONE READ THIS!!!! IT COULD SAVE YO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:17 pm 
you may think i am lying cause i posted this so late in the day. (well its late here) i forgot all about it. i was reading something, and it popped into my head, so i immediately posted here. please, i am trying to help you, take this seriously. thats it. im all done. if you dont believe me, your loss.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:26 pm 
if you want, reply to this so i know youve read it. and please give me your thoughts, or if youve heard about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:38 pm 
read this http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-soda-pop-terror.htm

[glow=ORANGE,2,300]IT'S A HOAX[/glow]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:40 pm 
There's also a "Pepsi Variant"...

[glow=LIGHTBLUE,2,300]Don't Belive that the Coke or Pepsi story is real![/glow]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:55 pm 
oh. i didnt know that. sorry everyone. but im still gonna be careful i think.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:57 pm 
I never drink coke, or soda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:01 pm 
I drink home brewed tea(yes we actually brew it and not buy it ;D)... so I am safe. ::)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:38 pm 
Beer is safe, isn't it?

;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:41 pm 
I thought beer was already intoxicating without poision? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:30 pm 
I am going to have nightmares tonight!

;) SMG240

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:41 pm 
In order to destroy/disable society you don't have to do that, people only need to know that you can.

Fear is the mindkiller.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:19 am 
Does this apply to Coke/Pepsi that you've already bought? ;) :P

I don't drink Coke or Pepsi anyways - haven't ever since I learned what's in it... when Coke or Pepsi is in concentrated form the truck carrying it requires a hazardous material placard for the acid in it. It has a pH somewhere within the 3 range, and you can loosen rusted bolts with it.

But it sure tastes good! ;D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:41 am 
Are you sure he wasn't warning you about New Coke?

My sister used to have a Pepsi can collection... mint condition... well, over time, the Pepsi ate through the aluminum cans. That was a scary, scary mess.

Also, everything from foods to cosmetics contain products called phthalenes, like EDTA. These are f@#$ing deadly, and have been known to cause birth defects and shrink or retard the growth of the epidedumus (The gland that stores sperm after the sperm leave the testes), which I guess is where the rumor that Mountain Dew shrinks your testicles came from (I believe it has a form of EDTA). Also, children's toys often have damaging levels of phthalenes and plastic byproducts like certain types of monomers.

In addition, both caffeine and alcohol ARE toxins. They function, in part, by irritating your body. Alcohol irritates your liver, which is attached to your adrenal gland, causing the release of adrenaline in your body, which is why a drunk person is very strong and part of the euphoria of drunkeness. I don't know what caffeine irritates, but it is a toxin.

Also, I saw a placard at a McDonald's this very evening informing their customers of a recall of a promotional toy, bobble-head sports stars, because there was lead in the paint.

So, YES, these things WILL kill you... slowly. But they'll only kill you in the same manner that they've been killing you all your life.

By the way, the greatest success of a terrorist is causing people to panic... which is exactly what we Americans are doing for the most part. If we didn't panic, they wouldn't be successful. If we could maintain a clear head about all of this and behave in a rational manner, these scare-mongers wouldn't have any power over us.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:48 am 
Jelle: "Hi Freya, do you want something to drink? Coke?"
Freya: "Yes, thank you!"
Jelle: "Hehehehe..."

BTW: Freya is my sister ;D