OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Favorite type of music
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:36 pm 
Classic Rock is my personal favorite. JIMI HENDRIX!!! YAH!!!! Rap and hard core rock (like disturbed and system of a down) SUCK!!!!!!

Classic Rock is like Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Who, Thin Lizzy, ACDC, and I will accept some bands that have been around since then like Ozzy. Oh yah, i will consider Weezer too.

Post subject: Re:Favorite type of music
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:59 pm 
Simon & Garfunkle
Billy Joel
The Beatles
Don McLean
Jos? Feliciano

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:10 pm 
Quote:
hard core rock (like disturbed and system of a down) SUCK!!!!!!
That is just your opinion on it, personally alot of people like it(including myself).

I like classic rock, hardcore rock, opera, and older rap(this new rap is nothing but crap).

My music tastes vary, it isn't a style of music I like but rather the beat and the vocals, if it is good I will listen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:37 pm 
You don't have yodeling... :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:41 pm 
Pink Floyd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:18 am 
Rammstein, Rob Zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:30 am 
You have classic rock from 1950-2000 -- that's a pretty big range there, not to mention that numerous musical trends have come and gone in that span of time.

Okay, okay.. I'm being nitpicky.. but I think the classic rock section should be from 1950-1990 and "modern rock" or otherwise known as "alternative rock" would be from 1990 to present.

I say this because my favorite type of rock is the former "classic rock". While I do like "alternative rock" (heck I like most anything if it shows musical talent - meaning rap is generally not included ;D ), there have just been too many bad alternative bands that it drags down my opinion of the genre.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:25 am 
i will make a new poll with that. thanx adam.

Chris, i no that was my opinion. i personally think hard core rock, and rap suck. there is no talent put into it. it is all noise or the first thing that comes to their head. listen to hard core rock. they play the easiest stuff with all these effects and distortion and low tones. i call it........ jungle music. if you listen to jimi hendrix, you can tell he has done a lot of practice and put time into his chords and riffs and it sounds awesome. what about Joe Satriani?????

this is all my opinion. everyone has different tastes. but me being a guitar player, i like classic rock because i like the effort that went into it.

btw: vote your stuff on the new poll please.