OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help with images
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:31 am 
Alright I have begun making my own message board, the project is going pretty good so far except for the fact that I have no images and can't create them since I lack artistic talent and the programs to do it in.

What I need is somebody to help me out by making the images for the board. Your name will be in the credits for helping with the images so don't think there is no reason for helping. The board is at http://www.agigames.com/mb/ if you want to take a look at it.

If you would like to help me out, please respond to this thread and show me what you can do by posting an image in the thread.

Post subject: Re:Help with images
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:36 pm 

dont like yabb anymore chris?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:33 pm 
No that isn't it yabb rules, but I thought it would be fun to make my own message board so I decided to go ahead and do it. I am not going to replace my current YaBBSE board with it when I am done. If anybody want's to use the board I make it will be open source though.

Right now it utilizes a few featuers that YaBBSE doesn't have, such as a database abstraction layer. Basically I don't run mySQL query's the normal way, I send them through a mySQL function I made.

I am trying to optimize the board as much as possible and right now the boardindex is faster than the one in YaBBSE. :) I haven't tested the other parts of the board yet to see if they are faster than YaBBSE's but so far all is going well. I think one of the other reasons it is faster though is because it doesn't have to load all the settings in settings.php because the only thing I have in it is the database connection stuff. That makes all the pages a whole lot faster since it doesn't have to read all the extra stuff in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:23 am 

yeah i have an sql abstraction layer, since my host has mysql and my homeboxes have mysql, db2 and sqlserver (and access). it makes life a lot easier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:31 am 
I think it is quite usefull for debugging and stuff. I added some new stuff today to my database abstraction layer. Not only does it now list how my mySQL query's I have run, it even shows them in a list box. Very good for debuging. :)