OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: NEW UNOFFICIAL KQ9 POLL
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:43 pm 
I usually wouldn't put a new poll in the news as it gets changed about every week or so, but this one is different. This poll could affect the development of the Unofficial King's Quest IX. We need to hear what all the fans think, so spread the word about the poll.

Please visit the main home page and place your vote by following the link below :
http://www.kq9.org/cgi-bin/home.cgi

Thank you.

P.S. I want to apologize for using your forum to promote something about the Unofficial KQ9, but I want to spread the news as much as possible. I thank you for your understanding and leave the invitation for you to use our forum to do the same.

Post subject: Re:NEW UNOFFICIAL KQ9 POLL
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:49 am 
I urge you to vote for KQ6 :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:56 pm 
Any King's Quest is worse than even LSL 2 (no offence to Roberta Williams fans.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:14 pm 
I quite liked the 3rd and 6th games.. 5 was horrible though.

- Nick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:01 am 
Mr. T--have you even played LSL2 for more than a few minutes? You probably either just don't get the jokes or didn't give it a chance. It's not my favorite LSL game, but it's still great, and I just can't understand why you are so decidated to slamming all these games. Your negativity is really interfering with the atmosphere here.

Also, King's Quest wouldn't be the best selling adventure game series of all time with all the sequels if it really was such a bad game, nor would LSL3 have been made is LSL2 was actually bad. You are welcome to your opinions, but posting repeated messages about how much you hate these games isn't welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:03 am 
Alright, I'll shut my piehole now. I didn't like Larry 2 much, because of it's horrible timer-based puzzles (I never managed to make it past the Airport, due to my nice fast PC... :-[) It does have some quite nice jokes, though. (Your mind starts to wander)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:08 am 
[glow=red,2,300]KQ5 SUX[/glow] ;D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:29 am 
KQ2 does too :P, it's too much wandering, with not enough to do, but hope you find something. KQ3 rules! KQ7 sucks big time. KQ5 is just a bit less, it seems to be made in routine, which isn't good for a game. KQ6 is just plain hell. I can't find that d*mn genie, which is said to be necessary at the end of the game (and I found that out at the end of the game. GRMBLstpdgmeHRMPF.) <cough> Sorry ;D.

-Kon-Tiki-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:41 am 
People, people... The only game which can be dissed without upsetting other people on the forum, is KQ8... Which isn't SCI, so there...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:19 am 
good point HWM.

Never played it coz it was too 'Lara crofty'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:27 am 
Hehehe, and I went mad when I first heard it wasn't like the good old adventure-style. It truly is a shame Sierra changed the format. They could've improved it, but certainly shouldn't have gone the commercial way. That game didn't last as long as the others from the serie.

-Kon-Tiki-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:30 am 
hehe, yeah the reason they probably changed the format was to make more money, but they probably would have ended up making more if they left it the traditional way... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:34 am 
Cosmic R wrote:
they probably would have ended up making more if they left it the traditional way... :D

True! Think like the company however. They were exploring new ways to put thier ideas into games. There are some things you just can't do with AGI and SCI