OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re:YaBB board mods.
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:45 am 

well i boardmodded the mod file i created by hand... works ok. boardmod is well buggy tho :( horribble program... eh...

anyway, my mod is installed...

wonder if there is a place we can upload the .mod files anywhere??

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:56 am 
Cool, so what kind of mod did you make?

I don't really care for boardmod 2.5 either... too many bugs... the guy who made it is coming out with 3.0 so as soon as that is released I think it should be a little less buggy.

As for the .mod files most people just host them on their own server and tell people where to get it and what instruction are needed to install it.

The official http://boardmod.yabb.info site is where they will be kept for downloading... but they haven't officially opened yet... infact nobody is even supposed to know about it yet... some secret huh many people have already begun posting there before it is even opened.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:02 am 
Oh, I see what mod you made at the yabbse board. So I guess the mod you are talking about was Nick and he wanted to see IP's?

I made a similar IP mod except it uses less code than yours.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:10 am 
I have also been working on YaBB integration. I am integrating my test board with my site at http://www.agigames.com/test/site.php?page=mainpage as you can see from the menu it has few message board functions.

I wasn't planning on keeping the integration with the board though, but I do plan on integrating my chat room and my site.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:19 am 

well the mod is actually 2 lines really, i just like bracing my code for readability, it shits me off when people do it messy like Perl code.

if coulda been doine like if($settings[7]=='Administrator' || in_array($username,$moderators))

but hey, big is best :D

;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:22 am 
This is what mine looked like, of course the only major difference between mine and yours is that mine applies to global moderators.

$mip = ($settings[7]=='Administrator' || $settings[7]=='Global Moderator') ? $mip : $txt[511];

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 7:04 am 
Alright, have a look at the new mod I am working on at http://www.agigames.com/board/

Take a look at the bottom of the index of the board where the login stuff is. I added some stuff for registering. It is dependent on the settings that the admin has set in his admin center so it is fully customizeable.

I haven't released this mod yet, but mostly because I haven't finished putting all the text in English.lng for easy translation.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:29 am 
Hey guys guess what?

I am now part of the official YaBB mod team. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 7:58 pm 
Alright I am almost done with my next mod, it allows each user to pick a skin in which to view the site with when they are logged on. To see this mod in action go to http://www.agigames.com/boardmod/ then register, login and change your profile, then choose what skin you want to use when you are logged in. (There is only 3 right because I only made 3 skins. :P)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 2:56 pm 
Shesh, I was just using the http://www.agigames.com/boardmod/ board for testing my mods... it is starting to turn into a community though...

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:19 am 
Well I now have my own package server. I would recommend adding it to your package server list df. To do that go into your admin center, go to your YaBBPak center, then click download new YaBBPaks, then add http://www.agigames.com/boardmod/Packages to your list. You can give it any name you want that doesn't affect anything.

Then you can download, install and unistall my mods without haveing to use boardmod.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:46 am 
is it just me but shouldn't this thread be split into a couple of pages by now?

- Nick

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:53 am 
df has it set up so that it doesn't split up until a certain number of posts is reached. My board has it set to 15, but I am not sure what df has it set to. I think it might be set to 30 though?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 9:35 am 

i'm writing a boardmod tonight that reverses the posts, so the newest posts are at teh top of the thread, so the last page in a thread has the first post..

a bit of a useless mod 8)

and ya, iirc its about 30 posts till it page splits

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 9:41 am 
That should be an easy thing to do, all you need to do is reverse the order that the query grabs them in.