OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My complaints...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2001 7:39 pm 
Quote:
I may be risking my life by telling you this, but post-structuralism is a weapon of favoritism. To begin with, Mr. John Doe insists that colonialism is a viable and vital objective for our nation's educational institutions. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands he perpetrates. Have you ever had a bad dream about him trying to blow the whole situation way out of proportion? Well, I have news for you. That wasn't a dream; it was real. More to the point, most people want to be nice; they want to be polite; they don't want to give offense. And because of this inherent politeness, they step aside and let Mr. Doe develop a credible pretext to forcibly silence his opponents.

Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and the reason he wants to provide cover for an imprudent agenda is that he's utterly loud. If you believe you have another explanation for his wishy-washy, ribald behavior, then please write and tell me about it. Many people respond to Mr. Doe's filthy politics in the same way that they respond to television dramas. They watch them; they talk about them; but they feel no overwhelming compulsion to do anything about them. That's why I insist we oppose Mr. Doe and all he stands for. I don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to give our young people the values that will inspire them to dispense justice, because doing so clearly demonstrates how his attempts to leave us in the lurch are much worse than mere sectarianism. They are hurtful, malicious, criminal behavior and deserve nothing less than our collective condemnation. Annoying denominationalism is a disgrace to humanity, but it cannot be eliminated by moral lectures or by pious intentions. No, it can be eradicated only if we chastise Mr. Doe for not doing any research before spouting off.

He uses the very intellectual tools he criticizes, namely consequentialist arguments rather than arguments about truth or falsity. Granted, all he wants is to reduce human beings to the status of domestic animals. But he has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that if he feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing him, then that's just too darn bad. Mr. Doe's arrogance has brought this upon himself. A small child really couldn't understand that Mr. Doe flaunts his personal ramblings and attitudes in front of everyone else. But any adult can easily grasp that Mr. Doe can't attack my ideas, so he attacks me. It could be worse, I suppose. He could take the focus off the real issues. Let me conclude by saying that we who want to challenge Mr. John Doe's lecherous, out-of-touch assumptions about merit will not rest until we do.

Gotta love Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator  ;D

Post subject: Re: My complaints...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 3:48 am 
broken link, dude