The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Israeli censorship
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:59 am 

Muazzam wrote:
iansjack wrote:
Muazzam wrote:
Lukand, perhaps because his wife is Serbian?

No she isn't. That's like saying that you are Afghan.

Oh, yeah I confused Serbia and Slovakia. Well, they're somewhat similar sounding (S*ia, both in somewhere around Central Europe).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:05 am 

Another blatantly racist post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:00 pm 

Slovenia was treated much differently that Serbia did. Serbia, after everything that it survived, had:
500 year war with Ottoman Empire due to their constant invasions to Balkans.
50 year war with Austrohungary (it was some retarded serb fault not related to government)
4 year war with Axis in World War II, since Nazis hated "Southern slavs"
10 year war with Croatia and Bosnia, since they tried (and succeded due to their support of NATO) to become independent without any premission
2 year war on Serbian province Kosovo, starting when Serbs stopped treating them as province.

Serbia was an Empire one time, and had three quarters of Greece & half of Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, part of Bulgaria and Romania, but did not had Vojvodina, northest part of Serbia.

Check it out:
Wikipedia:Serbian_Empire_1355_CE_relief_English.png

Last edited by thepowersgang on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oversized image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:45 pm 

Hi,

I agree with Muazzam that Clinton started (or voted to start) many wars (Afghanistan, Iraq (although she regretted it), Libya, Syria). But still, that's not to say Trump is better. Clinton simply had the chances to show she is evil, while Trump didn't have his chances yet (although he seemingly opposed those wars).

As for Kosovo, it is a historical place for Serbs (just like Thermopyles are for Greeks). In 1389 there was a war between Serbs and Ottomans in Kosovo, and Serbs lost. Some years ago however, Albanians started to kill Serbs in Kosovo and NATO backed Albanians up. The majority of Greeks (including me and my family), support Serbs on this matter, but I fear Trump is rather unable to return Kosovo to Serbs.

But anyway, this is not a proper forum for politics, and I apologise for posting in here. :P

Regards,
glauxosdever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:59 pm 

Trump actually supported the Iraq War. He may well start the last war ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:10 pm 

glauxosdever wrote:
As for Kosovo, it is a historical place for Serbs (just like Thermopyles are for Greeks). In 1389 there was a war between Serbs and Ottomans in Kosovo, and Serbs lost. Some years ago however, Albanians started to kill Serbs in Kosovo and NATO backed Albanians up. The majority of Greeks (including me and my family), support Serbs on this matter, but I fear Trump is rather unable to return Kosovo to Serbs.

Should we also return Greece to Italy then? It was once part of the Roman empire after all. Of course, there are almost no Italians living there, but that's not much different from the Serbs in Kosovo. (Yes, the comparison is exaggerated and the situation is more complicated than that, but with 92% Albanians and 4% Serbs, it's not clear that returning everything to Serbia is a good idea.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:27 pm 

Hi,

iansjack wrote:
Trump actually supported the Iraq War. He may well start the last war ever.
You actually proved my point. I said that Trump seemingly opposed the wars. Specifically for the Iraq war, he first said he supported it, but later he said he opposed it. As for starting the last war ever, we can't really know since Trump governs for the first time. But then again, don't give him ideas. 8-[

Kevin wrote:
Should we also return Greece to Italy then? It was once part of the Roman empire after all. Of course, there are almost no Italians living there, but that's not much different from the Serbs in Kosovo. (Yes, the comparison is exaggerated and the situation is more complicated than that, but with 92% Albanians and 4% Serbs, it's not clear that returning everything to Serbia is a good idea.)
Before the war there were obviously more Serbs in Kosovo, which had been fled and/or expelled. Plus as I said it is a historical place.

As for "returning Greece to Italy", we don't owe Italy any of Greece. The Romans invaded Greeks.

Regards,
glauxosdever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:03 pm 

glauxosdever wrote:
Before the war there were obviously more Serbs in Kosovo, which had been fled and/or expelled.

This is true to a certain extent, but it's not like it would completely change the numbers. Since the first numbers the article has (from 1948), Albanians have always been the majority. The number of Serbs has only dropped from already rather low 9.9% to 7% between 1991 (i.e. before the wars) and 2000.

Quote:
Plus as I said it is a historical place. As for "returning Greece to Italy", we don't owe Italy any of Greece. The Romans invaded Greeks.

In both cases it would be restoring a historical state without considering whose home the region actually is today. If everybody started claiming territories where their ancestors lived, we would have a big problem at least in Europe because there are so many places where people of different nations lived in the past few hundred years. History is history, today is something different.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:50 am 

Rule of thumb: any piece of land belongs to the PEOPLE, who are living there naturally*. History of the land doesn't matter, nor does any country's legal or constitutional claim.

Following this rule we may rule out several examples:
1) European Americans (as opposed to Native Americans) are no longer to be considered invaders, for a long time has passed since they arrived.
2) Palestinians (which include Muslims, Christians and some of the Mizhari Jews) are to be considered the real inhabitants of what is now known as Israel because they've lived there for more than 1000 years as natural inhabitants and Ashkenazi Jews arrived only something like a century ago, mainly because of some historical claims.
3) Kashmir is to be considered the part of Pakistan because an overwhelming population of them want so. Again, some country's (in this case, Indian) legal or constitutional claim doesn't matter.
4) etc.

I can't possibly comment on Kosovo since I'm not aware of the situation much. But I think Serbian claims are invalid.

*Subsequent generations of invader peoples should be considered to be living "naturally" if they've been in the land for, like, 500 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:35 am 

Kevin wrote:
glauxosdever wrote:

Greece to Italy? =D> Bravo!

Nazi Italy and its war with Greece just shows how genocidic Italians are.
Through, Athens, Sparta, etc, etc were there before Italy.

92% albanians on Kosovo? Could be easily solved! You just decline all healthcare, free education to Albanians, .rs domain, +381 number, and they start returning to Albania. Then, you give minimum 3 children to be born on Kosovo per mother, give better pays in Pristina than in rest of Serbia, and people start migrating to Kosovo, and eveything is alright! Then, remove better pays and make minimum 3 children to be born in whole Serbia, you populate it up to 12 million and done.

USA is Spanish/Britain colony which did not had any direct war except with Canada, making black people slaves and then succeed into good country!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 am 

Lukand wrote:
92% albanians on Kosovo? Could be easily solved! You just decline all healthcare, free education to Albanians, .rs domain, +381 number, and they start returning to Albania. Then, you give minimum 3 children to be born on Kosovo per mother, give better pays in Pristina than in rest of Serbia, and people start migrating to Kosovo, and eveything is alright! Then, remove better pays and make minimum 3 children to be born in whole Serbia, you populate it up to 12 million and done.

I don't think you're allowed to say that? :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:12 am 

zenzizenzicube wrote:
Lukand wrote:

I don't think you're allowed to say that? :oops:

Because nationalism blinds people.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 am 

pitfall wrote:
Quote:
USA is Spanish/Britain colony which did not had any direct war except with Canada, making black people slaves and then succeed into good country!

USA was French/Spanish/Britain colony, Louisiana was French and much much larger than it is now (from south to north). But yeah, we sold Louisiana...

You guys (French, British, Spanish, etc.) must be proud of all that stuff. :D

(NOT satire.)