OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
Combuster
Freenode IRC: [com]buster
Location: On the balcony, where I can actually keep 1½m distance

Re: OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements

Post by Combuster »

The only person who was allowed to copy your tutorial to the wiki is yourself, so that shouldn't be a problem.
"Certainly avoid yourself. He is a newbie and might not realize it. You'll hate his code deeply a few years down the road." - Sortie
[ My OS ] [ VDisk/SFS ]
jal

Post by jal »

For officialities sake:

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

Although I'm not sure that it is actually the case that you retain copyright on anything you write, regardless of the where and when.

JAL
Craze Frog

Post by Craze Frog »

The CC0 license is silly because you waive copyrights. This means someone else could claim the copyright and then sue the original author for copyright infringement...

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.
Owen

Post by Owen »

Craze Frog wrote:The CC0 license is silly because you waive copyrights. This means someone else could claim the copyright and then sue the original author for copyright infringement...

No it doesn't...
charlemagne

Post by charlemagne »

Chandra

Post by Chandra »

I hereby, agree to impose the CC0 license to all my contributions to the OSDev Wiki, as long as the CC0 license remains legal and valid.
Programming is not about using a language to solve a problem, it's about using logic to find a solution !
lithium26

Post by lithium26 »

(Am I infringing copyright by copy-pasting this statement?)
matik

Post by matik »

Lithorien

Post by Lithorien »

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

Sorry about forgetting, and thank you Combuster for the reminder. :)
MaD70

Post by MaD70 »

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

P.S.: I don't even remember what information I contributed (too back in the past) but anyway PD is ok for me.
MDM

Post by MDM »

Martijn

Post by Martijn »

garob

Post by garob »

jrw

Post by jrw »

mystran

Post by mystran »

Having been notified by PM that someone thinks this is important:

Yeah sure whatever. Anything I've ever written to the Wiki can be considered public domain. Hopefully this is sufficient?
The real problem with goto is not with the control transfer, but with environments. Properly tail-recursive closures get both right.