Listening to music while programming

All off topic discussions go here. Everything from the funny thing your cat did to your favorite tv shows. Non-programming computer questions are ok too.
iansjack

Re: Listening to music while programming

Post by iansjack »

Any string quartet by Haydn, Mozart, or Beethoven.

The Goldberg Variations.

Otherwise, a nice bit of outlaw Country (Waylon, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristoffeson, Steve Earle, Guy Clark, etc.)
Qbyte

Post by Qbyte »

For me, music is a distraction which saps some of my attention from coding. I prefer a quiet environment.
CottonJoe

Post by CottonJoe »

I've been listening mostly Silent Hill Ambience mixes and some lo-fi stuff without any words to keep my concentration.
mmdmine

Post by mmdmine »

i listen to music not only when i'm programming, but when solving my school math or physic problem, sleeping, awaking, going out, taking shower, chating with a friend and more. only time i dont have a handsfree in my ears are when i'm listening to my teacher at class or talking to a friend.
english musics i like are: dead petz by miley cyrus (pablow the blowfish and i had a dream), perfect by ed sheeren, i did something bad from taylor swift, leave a light on by tom walker and **** love and sad by xxxtentancion.
portasynthinca3

Post by portasynthinca3 »

Music is my life :) I always listen to music, if it's possible. I recently have discovered a band named Caravan Palace and I just love their music.
Thunderbirds747

Post by Thunderbirds747 »

mmdmine wrote:i listen to music not only when i'm programming, but when solving my school math or physic problem, sleeping, awaking, going out, taking shower, chating with a friend and more. only time i dont have a handsfree in my ears are when i'm listening to my teacher at class or talking to a friend.
english musics i like are: dead petz by miley cyrus (pablow the blowfish and i had a dream), perfect by ed sheeren, i did something bad from taylor swift, leave a light on by tom walker and **** love and sad by xxxtentancion.

That's awesome, yet I prefer Enigma to Cyrus or Sheeran.
May God bless you as a holy programmer.

Although you have a lot of grammatical mistakes, we at OSDev understand this.
There are thousands of users from around the world (China, Middle East, Africa, US, Europe, Australia) that commit mistakes.
Meanwhile it's a new year for us, though Nowruz will be coming soon!
No offence to anyone.
#happynew2020
Coffee is not airplane fuel.
mmdmine

Post by mmdmine »

TimothyARyazanov wrote:
mmdmine wrote:i listen to music not only when i'm programming, but when solving my school math or physic problem, sleeping, awaking, going out, taking shower, chating with a friend and more. only time i dont have a handsfree in my ears are when i'm listening to my teacher at class or talking to a friend.

There are thousands of users from around the world (China, Middle East, Africa, US, Europe, Australia) that commit mistakes.
No offence to anyone.
#happynew2020

thank u bro=)) happy new year. i'll try to write in the best way i can.
i listen taham more. he's a persian rapper. among english musics which i have i like these more. perfect is only music i have from ed sheeren, a friend sent it, i dont have many english musics and i dont know enigma, if (s)he is a singer.
Thunderbirds747

mmdmine wrote:
TimothyARyazanov wrote:

No offence to anyone.
#happynew2020

thank u bro=)) happy new year. i'll try to write in the best way i can.
i listen taham more. he's a persian rapper. among english musics which i have i like these more. perfect is only music i have from ed sheeren, a friend sent it, i dont have many english musics and i dont know enigma, if (s)he is a singer.

Enigma is a musical project formed in 1990 by Michael Cretu and his wife Sandra, who are both singers.
Some songs are actually peculiar to the ears of first-time listeners
Music is not only British, it may be also American, Canadian, Australian and so on.
Though Sheeran is quite new to the music industry, I still prefer new age music to rap.
Will check out Taham soon, shukran. Sorry if I don't know Farsi, Arabic seems easier to me.
mmdmine

Post by mmdmine »

@TimothyARyazanov Persian and Arabic are a little similar today, but completely they have different base. When Arabs attacked to Iran and took it, Persian has mixed with Arabic. Now we use Arabic alphabets to write and we have many Arabic words in Persian.
Taham has some Russian friends I think one was Kia Violla. They sometimes work together. For example chorus of "Dibache" is Russian and is sung by Kia. Dibache means preface and is first track of "Degaran Tribe" mixtape.
Thunderbirds747

mmdmine wrote:@TimothyARyazanov Persian and Arabic are a little similar today, but completely they have different base. When Arabs attacked to Iran and took it, Persian has mixed with Arabic. Now we use Arabic alphabets to write and we have many Arabic words in Persian.
Taham has some Russian friends I think one was Kia Violla. They sometimes work together. For example chorus of "Dibache" is Russian and is sung by Kia. Dibache means preface and is first track of "Degaran Tribe" mixtape.

Farsi had a different structure until the abjad was introduced by Arab crusaders.
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

Depeche Mode mostly...

I used this book to learn programming back in the ‘90s and in it, Jason Holborn suggested Depeche Mode’s Songs of Faith and Devotion as good coding music... and the band’s music just stuck with me.
Attachments
8A96D903-CB5B-4FA3-BDA4-C9FF37C14F21.jpeg
8A96D903-CB5B-4FA3-BDA4-C9FF37C14F21.jpeg (38.9 KiB) Viewed 12641 times
CuriOS: A single address space GUI based operating system built upon a fairly pure Microkernel/Nanokernel. Download latest bootable x86 Disk Image: https://github.com/h5n1xp/CuriOS/blob/main/disk.img.zip
Discord:https://discord.gg/zn2vV2Su
austanss

Post by austanss »

I suppose I'm a bit late to this thread, but I listen to emotional music when I'm debugging in the trenches. Helps me "feel" the code more or some bullshit like that.
Skylight: https://github.com/austanss/skylight

I make stupid mistakes and my vision is terrible. Not a good combination.

NOTE: Never respond to my posts with "it's too hard".
Carmand

Post by Carmand »

I`m usually listening to lo-fi music.
Last edited by Carmand on Mon May 24, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No man is an island.
pvc

Post by pvc »

Haha, I listen to music about 80% of the time I spent working on the computer. When I'm not listening to music, it's usually because I am watching a video. It's rare for me to sit in absolute silence. I like most of the styles, with more preference to trance, EDM and stuff like that and very few exceptions. I am no really into rap or stuff with little melody.
acccidiccc

Post by acccidiccc »

the dwarf fortress menu music is imo really nice for programming.
iustitiae iniustos iudicat