Immibis Pinephone DRAM access tutorial on Wiki

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
Candy

Immibis Pinephone DRAM access tutorial on Wiki

Post by Candy »

Hi - hoping I can somehow ping @Immibis.

While reading through your DRAM initialization code I noticed that all registers are in the 0x01c2 and 0x01c6 blocks, but one register is written at 0x016C3104? This looks like a typo, maybe this helps stability? Or is this intentional?
Octocontrabass

Re: Immibis Pinephone DRAM access tutorial on Wiki

Post by Octocontrabass »

Candy wrote:Hi - hoping I can somehow ping @Immibis.
Try sending a private message. This version of phpBB is way too old for any of that Web 2.0 @ notification business.
Candy wrote:While reading through your DRAM initialization code I noticed that all registers are in the 0x01c2 and 0x01c6 blocks, but one register is written at 0x016C3104? This looks like a typo, maybe this helps stability? Or is this intentional?
I don't see U-Boot poking anything near that address, and I do see U-Boot poking the register at 0x01C63104 with a similar value, so I'd say that's a typo. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Allwinner ever published complete documentation for the A64 DRAM controller, so you'd have to dig up a datasheet for a similar SOC to figure out what any of those values actually mean. (According to U-Boot, that includes the H3, H5, R40, V3s, and probably a few others.) You could also try reverse-engineering Allwinner's DRAM initialization code, since that seems to be what the U-Boot authors did.
immibis

Re: Immibis Pinephone DRAM access tutorial on Wiki

Post by immibis »

I got the private message - in my spam folder. The code on the wiki is also the code on my hard drive that I tried on my pinephone and seemed to work, but this address is probably a typo. I added a comment because the code is known to work and the effects of changing it are not known.

Please remember that the wiki is a wiki, and if you have new information to add, you are welcome to add it.