The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: TempleOS, I did not see this coming
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:31 pm 

FYI, the heritage of Terry lives on...

ZenithOS
Quote:
The Zenith Operating System is a modernized, professional fork of the 64-bit Temple Operating System.
(for the newcomers, TempleOS was made by a single person, namely Terry Davis, who was a very controversial figure. He said he was inspired by God, was reportedly gang-stalked, driven mad by trolls which he couldn't handle and become a troll himself; and a few years ago died under strange and peculiar circumstances before time. You can love or hate the guy, but no-one can deny he is a real "OS developer legend". His OS considered to be a toy OS, however it has some very interesting features.)

Cheers,
bzt

Post subject: Re: TempleOS, I did not see this coming
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:54 pm 

This makes sense to me, Terry Davis and his OS have gained a (quite deserved) appreciation from fans of esoteric software. Not surprised someone is picking it up, maybe they were inspired by Davis' ideas or maybe they want to be a part of a modern-day legend.

Either way, I think it's cool that even after his death people are still interested in his life's work. As far as I'm aware his original goal was to create an OS for programmers. To let them experiment with tools and concepts that are liberating creatively. It's heartening to see he was apparently successful, despite his extremely difficult life.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:19 pm 

StudlyCaps wrote:
Either way, I think it's cool that even after his death people are still interested in his life's work.
I couldn't agree more. What surprised me is how serious this fork is and that it only took a few years to happen.

Cheers,
bzt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 am 

Terry however found 16 colours to be divine, so he's probably rolling in his grave :).

This also stood out to me: "440Hz 'A' tuning changed to 432Hz". Which leads me to believe the developer is as crazy as Terry :). Or just very French :). (See here for some background, or just Google "440hz".)

JAL