OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: uefi bios needs BOOTMGR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:13 am 

iansjack wrote:
I think the only sensible thing to do is to put both bzt and zaval on my foes list. I'm a bit tired of all this alpha-male crap. (And, no - I am not a teenager, not by a long way.)

Thanks for the idea. I will do that, too. Didn't know that is possible.

And I'm not the youngest anymore, too.

Greetings
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:53 am 

iansjack wrote:
I think the only sensible thing to do is to put both bzt and zaval on my foes list. I'm a bit tired of all this alpha-male crap. (And, no - I am not a teenager, not by a long way.)
I feel offended. I'm nothing like zaval. But I won't mind if you put me on your foe list, it's going to be your loss, not mine. :-)

Have a nice day
bzt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:50 am 

I, too, feel it is unfair to punish bzt for zaval's misbehavior. Also, adding people to the foes list is, to me, an admission of defeat. It means you cannot bear to even know of their existence anymore. And not having the self-control to just click on "Mark all read" when a response by them pops up. But you do you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:32 am 

I think bzt was part of the problem because he fed the troll. It's not much better to post lengthy discussions if you are right. But bzt said he won't feed the troll anymore, so I'm fine! I will block only zaval.

I hope everything goes on smooth. Everybody have fun!
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:39 am 

Hello
This topic started interestingly and ended differently. Please developers are like a family that dedicate their own time to solve the problems of others, so they should not be put on enemy lists, much less. It is normal for older people to try to criticize young people and vice versa, something inherent in the human being, and it is so in everyday life. I hope you reflect and continue working together, which is what characterizes the OSDEV forum. I am sorry for putting these words, which has nothing to do with the technical content of this post. Greetings to all and my warmest regards.

Last edited by mkfree on Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 am 

mkfree wrote:
Hello
This topic started interestingly and ended differently. Please dear developers are like a family that dedicate their own time to solve the problems of others, so they should not be put on enemy lists, much less. It is normal for the elderly to try to criticize the young and vice versa is something inherent in the human being, and it is so in everyday life. I hope you reflect and continue working together, which is what characterizes the OSDEV forum. I am sorry for putting these words, which has nothing to do with the technical content of this post. Greetings to all and my warmest regards.

Thanks for your posting. But I'm fed up with reading again and again "Don't use ESP. Don't use GPT. Don't use Bootboot" and then lengthy explanations without really going anywhere. Of course, lengthy postings can be of value, but not here. And zaval did take refuge to swearing.

Greetings
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:58 am 

nullplan wrote:
Also, adding people to the foes list is, to me, an admission of defeat. It means you cannot bear to even know of their existence anymore. And not having the self-control to just click on "Mark all read" when a response by them pops up.

Not at all. It's simply a way of automating the process. (And that's what computers are good at.)

If I've decided that I have the self-control not to view posts by these two individuals then I'm letting the computer do the mechanical bit for me. There's no question of denying their existence. I can still see that they have posted; I can view those posts if I choose to; and I still have to exert self-control to not view the posts and to not unblock them.

It may, indeed, be considered a failure that this is necessary - but the failure is not on my part. And I'm stopping no-one else from continuing to view these pointless, boring arguments.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:00 am 

This thread has gone too far. The OP is now probably going to jump off this forum and go to another one. We are already losing editors. Do we want to lose another one? Flame wars are becoming a new problem here, and something needs to be done before this goes to another explosion like what happened in 2018.