Existing macro system for doing interrupt system calls?

Question about which tools to use, bugs, the best way to implement a function, etc should go here. Don't forget to see if your question is answered in the wiki first! When in doubt post here.
earlz

Existing macro system for doing interrupt system calls?

Post by earlz »

So, I'm developing something not quite an OS, but it resembles it in enough ways to restore my decade old account and ask a question.

Anyway, I have an interrupt system call setup (x86 32bit targeting i686) where all of the arguments etc to the system call is placed on a stack in standard C ABI format. I need a macro or some kind of existing code that allows me to easily implement wrappers around these calls so that user-mode programmers don't need to worry about writing assembly, and so that I don't need a huge amount of assembly for every system call wrapper. I've look at linux/syscalls.h, but it's incredibly difficult to understand and I assume provides a lot more than I need. It would be ideal if there was some way of defining something like:

Code: Select all

__interrupt(0x80) void someCall(int which, uint32_t buffer ...) 

Where the compiler pushes things onto the stack like a normal function, but instead of doing a CALL to some address, it does `int 0x80`

Does something like this exist, and somewhat portable between both GCC and Clang?