OSDev.org

The Place to Start for Operating System Developers
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: OSDev Wiki Relicensing statements
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 pm 

I have no quarrels whatsoever, any content I may have posted on the wiki I release under the requested license.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:00 pm 

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:59 am 

I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my past and future contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

(Thanks for the PM! I haven't checked these forums in years now.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 am 

I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:42 am 

"I hereby pass my copyright on past contributions and any future contributions, on this site and any future sites which legally use that same content, to OSDev.org and its agents, to licence as they see fit, in perpetuity. I will make no further claims of ownership, licencing or copyright on any such material and recognize that this makes it legally the property of OSDev.org."

That should suffice for this and any future wrangling over licensing and copyright. All my content submitted here, in the past, as well as any I make in the future, unless I explicitly licence it differently, is property of the site and thus the site's owners, to be used and licenced as they see fit.

Regards, John PM Chappell (Gaidheal)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 am 

Gaidheal wrote:
"I hereby pass my copyright on past contributions and any future contributions, on this site and any future sites which legally use that same content, to OSDev.org and its agents, to licence as they see fit, in perpetuity. I will make no further claims of ownership, licencing or copyright on any such material and recognize that this makes it legally the property of OSDev.org."

That should suffice for this and any future wrangling over licensing and copyright. All my content submitted here, in the past, as well as any I make in the future, unless I explicitly licence it differently, is property of the site and thus the site's owners, to be used and licenced as they see fit.

Regards, John PM Chappell (Gaidheal)

Please just make a CC0 dedication. The language of CC0 was written to be as widely applicable as possible, and it waives more rights to the work than just the copy rights (For example, many jurisdictions have a concept of moral rights which have to be disclaimed separately). Transfer of copyright is very thorny business, particularly in a case such as this where the people involved are spread over the world. CC0 was selected because it is as good as a public domain declaration, yet was written to cover the whole world. Dedicating your work as CC0 means there never will be any further license wrangling, because CC0 explicitly disclaims all rights that you posses in the work that it can.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 pm 

cyb70289

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:17 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 am 

To lead the way, I hereby declare that I have taken notice of the CC0 license and its intended effects, and hereby declare that all my contributions to the OSDev.org Wiki and its predecessor the MegaTokyo FAQ are licensed under the effect of the CC0.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:53 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 pm 

As far as I can remember, I haven't actually contributed anything of substance, but either way...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:34 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:54 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 am 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next