Page 1 of 1

Project Cherub - a modernized Terry's TempleOS. Early Build (with 120 FPS!) & Future Plans + Installation Showcase

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:10 am
by Rubinoslaw
Hello!

I, Rubinosław from REParadoxy, I'm presenting Project Cherub - a modernized version of TempleOS, very well known operating system made by Terry A. Davis.

My vision is to create a minimalist, fully-functional and secure operating system. For home users, for bussiness users, for programmers, for artists, for everyone! Where THE USERS matter the most!

I've already changed FPS rate from 30 to 120 via modifying "KernelA.HH.Z" file, a part of the system kernel. I've changed WINMGR_FPS in that file from "(30000.0/1001)" to "(120000.0/1001)", and WINMGR_PERIOD from "(1001/30000.0)" to "(1001/120000.0)".

I've also changed the system name from "TempleOS" to "Project Cherub".

As I said - its just a very early build. But my plan is to add also 32-bit colors support, support for SATA AHCI, NVMe, Blu-ray, videos, GPU and USB. But I'll keep the 640x480 screen resolution, you know why.

Full presentation of an early build with 120 FPS, future plan, and installation showcase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNq_4vG5Src

More information:
https://github.com/Rubinoslaw/Project-Cherub - GitHub repository (with ISO!)
https://rubinoslaw.github.io/projectcherub.github.io/ - the official website of the project

Re: Project Cherub - a modernized Terry's TempleOS. Early Build (with 120 FPS!) & Future Plans + Installation Showcase

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2026 10:22 am
by Octocontrabass
Rubinoslaw wrote: ↑Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:10 amI've already changed FPS rate from 30 to 120
You've increased the window manager update rate to 120Hz, but the display itself is still running at 60Hz.