Page 1 of 1

My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Sat May 09, 2026 6:54 am
by Mila
Hello everyone,

I've been working on a bare-metal OS project called "Codename: MRC" for the past 9 months, and I've just reached the 0.1 Alpha X milestone.

Current Features:

Bootloader: Multiboot2 compliant.

Architecture: x86_x64 (64-bit ELF).

Graphics: coming soon.

Shell: Supports 10+ built-in commands.

Kernel: Written in C and Assembly.

You can find the source code and more details here:
[https://github.com/M1lamrc/bare-metal-operating-system]

I would love to get some technical feedback on my implementation, especially regarding the GUI and memory management.

Thanks!
(Note: I know there might be some architectural flaws as I'm still learning the depths of x86_64/Long Mode. I'm open to all technical critiques.)

Re: My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Sat May 09, 2026 2:33 pm
by Octocontrabass
Mila wrote: ↑Sat May 09, 2026 6:54 amI would love to get some technical feedback on my implementation, especially regarding the GUI and memory management.
You haven't implemented the GUI or memory management yet. It's hard to give you feedback on things that don't exist.

Re: My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Sun May 10, 2026 3:55 am
by Mila
Man, It was the upcoming version, so GUI and Memory Managements is not released yet.

Re: My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Mon May 11, 2026 10:34 am
by Octocontrabass
Why did you list "Custom GUI implemented via Linear Framebuffer" as a current feature if it's not released yet?

Re: My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Tue May 12, 2026 5:49 am
by Mila
Octocontrabass wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2026 10:34 am Why did you list "Custom GUI implemented via Linear Framebuffer" as a current feature if it's not released yet?
sorry, my bad.

Re: My bare-metal OS project

Posted: Tue May 12, 2026 5:50 am
by Mila
i'm replaced it with "coming soon"