Page 1 of 1
Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:55 am
by CESS.tk
This is fucking brilliant! ;D
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:07 am
by Oliver
Hah, that's pretty cool.
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:02 am
by Eero Ränik
Hilarious. I wonder whether most of the audience got the point.
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:10 am
by Candy
they are totally crazy but I recognised at least 5 of them

... think there weren't more
Sent this to slashdot already?
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:44 am
by distantvoices
Good acapella stuff, but I didn't get the jumpy lad - what did that scene refer to? (definitely a game, but I dunno which one - mario bros evtl?)
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:37 pm
by Candy
0:30 bootup music
0:40 mario
1:20 unknown
1:50 unknown
2:00 another mario
2:10 tetris
2:50 mortal kombat (obvious)
3:20 another mario tune iirc
3:30 zelda
4:15 closing music (mario iirc)
4:20 done
It's 100% great. Anyone know who this is? which group?
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:12 pm
by CESS.tk
Candy wrote:
0:30 bootup music
0:40 mario
1:20 unknown
1:50 unknown
2:00 another mario
2:10 tetris
2:50 mortal kombat (obvious)
3:20 another mario tune iirc
3:30 zelda
4:15 closing music (mario iirc)
4:20 done
It's 100% great. Anyone know who this is? which group?
The first unknown is Dr. Mario, the second one is the Hammer Bros. theme out of SMB3.
The Mortal Kombat one is from the movie btw, not the game. And also, it's not exactly closely related to Nintendo.
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:10 am
by Rich
Goddamn! I was hoping they'd do Zelda and they did!
That was hilarious! I've always enjoyed vocalizations and that hit the spot! What an interbreeding of my realities.
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:09 am
by I Lostalim
Heh - good stuff.... I wouldn't've picked the Dr. Mario theme without it in this list, but the rest of it's all nicely familiar.
I remember all these games as originals... ooooh do I feel old now.
Actually the thing I liked most of all from that was the acting - and all the little details, like the "Zelda" sequence, that funny style of walking, caused (I guess) by the animators not really knowing how to draw a person from a "top-down" perspective.
Ahh love it!
Re:Nostalgia
Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:07 pm
by Calum
That's totally crazy!!!!
