Page 1 of 1

Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:28 am
by Candy
Especially to all of you who, just like me, woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:07 am
by DennisCGc
Happy easter.
Candy wrote: .. woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
Too bad you missed an hour today..

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:01 am
by bubach
Happy easter!

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:36 am
by Eero Ränik
Happy easter, and happy DST!

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:52 am
by Oliver
What's DST?

I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:17 am
by rich_m
happy easter to all, my easter egg was real hard.(had to saw it open) ;D

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:49 pm
by AGI1122
Should be a boring day... spending the day over at some family's... which most of them are either annoying or don't talk to me. At least there is some decent food(ham, turkey, caserole's, etc).

Well at least I get to show off my new truck to them.

Happy easter everyone.

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm
by I Lostalim
Oliver wrote: What's DST?
That would be Daylight Savings Time....
I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)
And it's not even a Christian Holiday either, it's actually a Pagan Harvest festival that some ancient Pope gave Chrisitian signifigance to in order to help Absolve this particualar Pagan culture into the Holy Roman Empire - that's why Easter isn't a certain date, but instead a certain numbers of days after the Xth number of Moon cycles of the year.... There's some really useless facts for those of you who really couldn't care less.
woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
See I had the reverse problem only a couple of days ago (my being in the Southern Hemisphere and thusly heading for Winter) - I woke up at 7am realised it was actually 6am and went to sleep for another hour! :P

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:55 am
by Candy
I Lostalim wrote:
I've never cared about easter, It's not a *real* holiday for me. Only when I get a day off from school I care about easter ;)
And it's not even a Christian Holiday either, it's actually a Pagan Harvest festival that some ancient Pope gave Chrisitian signifigance to in order to help Absolve this particualar Pagan culture into the Holy Roman Empire - that's why Easter isn't a certain date, but instead a certain numbers of days after the Xth number of Moon cycles of the year.... There's some really useless facts for those of you who really couldn't care less.
Well... to be honest, I could care a lot less.... I'm making an OS too (like quite a few others here too) and I'd like it to have a "christian calendar" module that tells you when certain days are coming up and such. So, I really do care about how to calculate it. But my mom already found a newspaper article about the exact way to calculate it, and some of the weird quirks of it. If it weren't for the rest of my family expecting me to know it I wouldn't bother, but since I can't be bothered, might as well tell my computer to bother.
woke up next to their beloved ones knowing they had to leave at 11AM, then to find out it wasn't 9am but 10am.
See I had the reverse problem only a couple of days ago (my being in the Southern Hemisphere and thusly heading for Winter) - I woke up at 7am realised it was actually 6am and went to sleep for another hour! :P
Hmmm... next DST set back I'll get you back for that! I'll sleep an hour longer next to my fairy and you'll have to get up early! Har har har! :D ;) :P

Re:Happy easter!

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:40 am
by I Lostalim
Hmmm... next DST set back I'll get you back for that! I'll sleep an hour longer next to my fairy and you'll have to get up early! Har har har!
You have a fairy....

As for getitng up early - not really a problem for me, but I'll be sure to sleep an hour late just for your benefit :P