Page 208 of 267

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:28 am
by shmx
Partial implementation WinApi in my Kernel (for MinGW libc++). I can now develop kernel modules using full STL. :)

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:22 pm
by human00731582
After about a month of slowly-increasing work, I've made it real cutesie but still needs a LOT of under-the-hood work. The command parser is on its way and eventually I'll be ditching the pre-usermode shell altogether most likely. Couple things on the itinerary include the filesystem, basic drivers, and real hardware implementation.

I'm having issues implementing the A20 and paging with a VIA Eden C7 that I got from a friend. Got to get over that hurdle to truly FEEL the fruits of my labor! :D

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:09 am
by bzt
@human00731582: according to A20 gate, this code is tested and proven to work on VirtualBox, qemu, bochs and on real machines (among others VIA mbs) as well. Tries to use BIOS and fallbacks to 8042 chip method.

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:40 am
by human00731582
bzt wrote:@human00731582: according to A20 gate, this code is tested and proven to work on VirtualBox, qemu, bochs and on real machines (among others VIA mbs) as well. Tries to use BIOS and fallbacks to 8042 chip method.
Thanks for the sample! I don't want to derail the thread, so if you don't mind, I'm going to PM you asking about this sample. I appreciate the feedback.

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:22 am
by Geri
finally i can emulate my os on shitty arm

Image

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:12 am
by snijj
Getting back on topic...

Here is an early version of my OS's boot menu.
Early boot menu.
Early boot menu.
This is part of a custom boot loader that I'm developing for my kernel. It will eventually show each of the volumes/partitions with a recognised OS/Kernel on it. They'll be shown with a disk icon representing the medium they are on along with the volume name.

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:58 am
by MajickTek
snijj wrote:Getting back on topic...

Here is an early version of my OS's boot menu.



This is part of a custom boot loader that I'm developing for my kernel. It will eventually show each of the volumes/partitions with a recognised OS/Kernel on it. They'll be shown with a disk icon representing the medium they are on along with the volume name.
Reminds me of a Macintosh Classic :P

Edit: and no kidding! you are running the VM on macOS (or a very convincing macOS theme for Windows)

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:01 am
by snijj
Haha, yeah at the moment it does somewhat resemble that doesn't it? :P. It will have the volume labels underneath each of the icons eventually, and the icons will be positioned side by side, with the ability to select which volume is booted.

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:30 pm
by Artlav
Working on the network stack...
Never expected that i would be so excited by a simple ping!

Image

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:58 am
by zesterer
Artlav wrote:Working on the network stack...
Never expected that i would be so excited by a simple ping!
Nice! I'm very jealous of you.

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 pm
by stevewoods1986
Image

That's my OS printing a string without interrupts (0xb800). Amazing, huh? Not the greatest in history though. I still like the look of all the other very good projects! 8)

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 pm
by zaval
yup. you are definitely ready to making endless questions on x86 chipset guts. :D

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am
by BrightLight
Artlav wrote:Working on the network stack...
Never expected that i would be so excited by a simple ping!
I know that feeling. Nice work. :P
Image

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:35 pm
by klange
This special screenshot requires me to post a link to an external site:

https://twitter.com/ToAruOS/status/897095724667617281

Re: What does your OS look like? (Screen Shots..)

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 am
by stevewoods1986
klange wrote:This special screenshot requires me to post a link to an external site:

https://twitter.com/ToAruOS/status/897095724667617281
Wow, that's impressible. Did you port Python? If you did, then it's just wonderful.